Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Glock 17 gen 4 CO2 availability

I agree.
    The Umarex bb Glock is better than the dual ammo job.

Check out the Air Venturi ISSC M22 for another good co2 pistol.
    Bought on a whim before My Glock and a real pocket rocket.
    Not a Glock tho.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I agree.
    The Umarex bb Glock is better than the dual ammo job.

Check out the Air Venturi ISSC M22 for another good co2 pistol.
    Bought on a whim before My Glock and a real pocket rocket.
    Not a Glock tho.

Just watched a video review of the M22,it looks to be well worth having!

It made me jump when I fired it!

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Hi John,

My local dealer has just received stock of the Gen 4 BB Glock and the 'dual ammo' version, so I went in over the weekend and had a look at them.

The BB version is a very nice replica of the genuine item, whilst I was not able to try it with gas in, the trigger pull felt like a well tuned genuine Glock trigger, the non blowback Glock 19 has a trigger pull that is comparable to a standard Glock pistol.

I mentioned the comments on here relating to the 'dual ammo' version to my friend who works at the shop and he put a gas cylinder into a dual ammo model to try it out.

The trigger pull to rotate the mag is not too horrendous, but to get the damned thing to fire was ridiculously heavy, overall not impressed by the dual ammo and I will likely buy the BB Gen 4 as overall it is the better replica and any gain in accuracy the pellet model might have with its rifled barrel will almost certainly be lost with the horrendous trigger pull.
    Thanks for your input. The good news is the Gen 3 dual ammo trigger does wear in after 3-4 CO2 cylinders. I've yet to properly test the Gen 4 as the pistol I have keeps jamming, as does the spare mag. Hopefully it can get sorted soon.

John

Odd that you're having such a problem with the mags. I only have one but it performed just fine. I haven't fired mine again as the weather is just too cold to get any decent results so I can't comment on accuracy yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bolt_action View Post
    Odd that you're having such a problem with the mags. I only have one but it performed just fine. I haven't fired mine again as the weather is just too cold to get any decent results so I can't comment on accuracy yet.
    I've finally had a chance to shoot a Gen 4 after my original was replaced. The original magazine feed lips were too constricted, resulting in jams. The replacement works and has a liking for frangible Dust Devils.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I've finally had a chance to shoot a Gen 4 after my original was replaced. The original magazine feed lips were too constricted, resulting in jams. The replacement works and has a liking for frangible Dust Devils.

John
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. I still haven't given mine a good workout (retirement is just so busy ...).

Last time I looked Dust Devils weren't available in the UK. Where do you get them from?

Quote Originally Posted by bolt_action View Post
    Glad to hear you got it sorted. I still haven't given mine a good workout (retirement is just so busy ...).

Last time I looked Dust Devils weren't available in the UK. Where do you get them from?
    Have a look on the Protek Supplies of Bognor Regis website. The shop has them in stock.

Kind regards,

John

Be aware that Dust Devils do not always disappear in a nice puff smoke!
    They can and do bounce back whole or in pieces.
    They are high speed and accurate tho.

Be aware that Dust Devils do not always disappear in a nice puff smoke!
    They can and do bounce back whole or in pieces.
    They are high speed and accurate tho.
    I've actually not heard of them Patrick, I see they are for sale on the bay and amazon, not cheap, you rate them tho?

They are accurate and will raise your fps.
    But they don't disintegrate.

Which makes them a bit pointless in my view.
    Unless you like being showered by bits of bbs.

OK thanks everyone. I may investigate them in the interests of science.

They are accurate and will raise your fps.
    But they don't disintegrate.

Which makes them a bit pointless in my view.
    Unless you like being showered by bits of bbs.
    I've tested DDs in a number of different CO2 powered airguns and they have turned to a fine powder upon impact. As with any target, it is important to be mindful of what you're shooting at and ensure all the usual precautions are taken. It's not impossible for the odd one to bounce but generally, they do what it says on the box. Certainly a lot safer than steel in my view.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I've tested DDs in a number of different CO2 powered airguns and they have turned to a fine powder upon impact. As with any target, it is important to be mindful of what you're shooting at and ensure all the usual precautions are taken. It's not impossible for the odd one to bounce but generally, they do what it says on the box. Certainly a lot safer than steel in my view.

John
    Do you find them accurate as well tho? that's more important to me rather than rebounds.

I shot them in a Peacemaker at a variety of surfaces with poor results for disintegration.
    Around 10 metres.
    Bricks,metal plates -which you would think would explode them.
    But they just rebounded in bits which hit me and the shelter behind me.

I haven't tried target shooting but on tins,yogurt pots etc they are accurate and do make holes in the cans.

I have two boxes so I will try the other one!