Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock identification -help required? Air arms? Side lever?

Stock identification -help required? Air arms? Side lever?

Hiya I've picked up a stock which I thought was for an air arms mistral side lever but upon fitting the action into stock I've found it doesn't fit the air arms side lever action, the in-letting isn't wide enough ?
    Can anyone identify which gun this stock belongs to? It really looks like an air arms mistral from the shape and wiking butt pad but it definitely won't fit, there's no cut out for the tap and there's a large cut away at rear of action which looks unusual.
    Pics here http://imgur.com/gallery/v0FiyMA

Could it be for a Titan Mohawk or Titan JB1?

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Hi Doug.

I could well be wrong, but I have an idea that could be the stock off a Titan Sidelever and it accepts the action of a Chinese made Fast Deer air rifle.

I know that one of these stocks have surfaced before at Melbourne and been identified on here as a Titan SL stock.

Fast Deer :-

image.jpg

I'll just go and dig my Fast Deer out and measure the inletting for you.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Could it be for a Titan Mohawk or Titan JB1?

Matty
    Definitely not a Mohawk, Matty.

Cheers would be great to see pictures of guns to compare it to. It looks to be from a side lever rifle and the cut out at the back of the action is cut away on the right hand side only which makes me think the gun it came from looks like the side lever might pivoted almost 180degrees?

Looks like a AA Bora to me
    Donald

Air arms bora /mistral is the same stock but it's definitely not an air arms stock as the in letting is different ,notice no cut out for the anti bear trap and no cut out for to tap lever. Otherwise it really does look almost identical to an air arms mistral /bora from the outside. From looking at it I think if the in-letting was altered then it would fit an AA. If we can find out which rifle it belongs to then I'll see if anybody on here needs one as I've not got the carpentry skills myself to go altering the in-letting.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Doug.

I could well be wrong, but I have an idea that could be the stock off a Titan Sidelever and it accepts the action of a Chinese made Fast Deer air rifle.

I know that one of these stocks have surfaced before at Melbourne and been identified on here as a Titan SL stock.

Fast Deer :-

image.jpg

All the best Mick
    Ah yes it could be. I have an SL800 but I can't access it right now

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I have an SL800 but I can't access it right now

Matty
    That's the one, Matty --- SL800

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    340mm from the front of the forward V to the rear, 32mm wide tube.

Quote Originally Posted by dougbunney View Post
    If we can find out which rifle it belongs to then I'll see if anybody on here needs one as I've not got the carpentry skills myself to go altering the in-letting.
    That"ll be me please Doug.

All the best Mick

I've just found an old post by you T20 back in 2013. You posted some pics and info about a rifle called the titan sl 800 I can confirm this stock looks to be a perfect match to the one in the pics so I think that's the mystery solved -good work guys. The stock will be available for sale as I bought it mistakenly thinking it was AA.

Some further reading, Doug, explaining the Titan - Fast Deer link :-

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...type=1&theater

All the best Mick

Yep that looks like the stock I think the top one looks closest to what I have here colour wise, although that looks like walnut and I'm pretty sure mines beech.

JB told me that the sidelever rifles were bought by Titan from North China Industries when they were still under government control. Other than a few samples Titan could not buy a .22" version because it was considered a military calibre. The stocks were made by Custom Stocks Sheffield and the actions modified by Titan to JBs spec. the 800 representing the velocity with Wasp pellets. I had one. Surprisingly accurate.

That would make sense as the stock looks really nice quality and very similar in appearance to the air arms stocks of the same ere which were also produced by custom stocks Sheffield.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    JB told me that the sidelever rifles were bought by Titan from North China Industries when they were still under government control. Other than a few samples Titan could not buy a .22" version because it was considered a military calibre. The stocks were made by Custom Stocks Sheffield and the actions modified by Titan to JBs spec. the 800 representing the velocity with Wasp pellets. I had one. Surprisingly accurate.
    So was the .22 cal SL600 never actually made available?

My SL800 is actually more like SL670 if we are naming the gun by the power it achieves

To be fair I have not done anything to this example since I bought it 5 or 6 years ago, having spent hours fettling my previous SL800 for very little gain.

Matty