Thread: Stock identification -help required? Air arms? Side lever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I'm going to email you a few photos Mick as my photobucket is not working

Just to be sure that this is an SL800 - it was sold to me as such.

Matty

Hi Matty

It's vary hard to say if it's an SL800 from your photos, the stock appears to be an SL stock but most of JB's work was on the piston.

If it has an O ringed piston, piston weight and adjuster on the trigger then chances are it's an SL, the one thing throwing me on the pictures is the lack of screw on scope rail.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Matty

It's vary hard to say if it's an SL800 from your photos, the stock appears to be an SL stock but most of JB's work was on the piston.

If it has an O ringed piston, piston weight and adjuster on the trigger then chances are it's an SL, the one thing throwing me on the pictures is the lack of screw on scope rail.

All the best Mick
    I suppose I better just pull it apart to find out what's inside then

Unfortunately the sash clamp I had been using as a spring compressor had to be returned to its owner after 18 months

Looking down the TP it rather looks like what I can see is the edge of a screw and the classic leather seal type of "cap" / "insert"

There is no evidence of there ever having been a rail and there is no adjustment on the frankly awful trigger.

I don't want to strip it down without a compressor as the trigger is held in by the back block pin too.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.