Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shout Out for Shaun at ISP Air Rifles for Falcon FN12 Reblue

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

excellent that

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    excellent that
    She sure is purdy

Stunning looking job and fantastic gun. If you have any contact details othother than facebook that would be great asas I have a falcon prairie in need of similar. Also do you have any before pics to see the difference

Quote Originally Posted by manorgun View Post
    Stunning looking job and fantastic gun. If you have any contact details othother than facebook that would be great asas I have a falcon prairie in need of similar. Also do you have any before pics to see the difference
    Unfortunately I don’t know any other contact other than Facebook, of which I’m a reluctant user, so it wasn’t easy for me. Thumbhole recommended Shaun, perhaps he can provide another contact method, I’d PM him. You’ll find him posting within this thread.

I don’t have any ‘before’ pics, but take it from me the bluing is better than new. I know that because I owned a new FN8 back in the day and the bluing on Falcon’s was high marque shotgun quality, but this looks even better because Shaun has polished the action to the extent the bluing really pops. I have no hesitation recommending you have the work done.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    Thanks guys, there's a bit of a back story to this rifle

Back in the 90's I purchased a brand new FN8 Light Hunter that I loved, but for some insane reason that escapes me now, some time later I sold it to a BBS member and regretted it ever since. I've always had it in mind to replace the rifle with an FN8 or FN12, but mint or fefurbishable examples are rare and get snapped-up fast. So I found this rifle on Guntrader a few weeks back, too far for me to travel, but the dealer was very up front and explained the condition in detail, so I took a punt. Luckily a previous owner had plastered the stock with lacquer, which had protected it and I was able to strip, sand, oil and wax it back to new condition. Shaun has brought the action back better than new and I've topped it with a Sportsmatch one-piece Falcon mount and Hawke Vantage 2-7x32 AO Mil Dot scope. The Best Fittings quick fill has finished the rifle nicely, although I will be on the look out for an original Falcon QF adapter in mint condition.

It's Christmas, so nice to have a story with a happy ending
    Oh yes - I stupidly did the same with an FN12 I Bought new and sold here 5 years later. Finally found another for sale and spent a bit of money on it ... will never part with it now. Yours looks fantastic, enjoy it .

ATB
    Steve
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Yeah, mine cost some cash to get right, but likewise, it’ll be with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by manorgun View Post
    If you need to get hold of Shaun from ISP, you can message him direct on here, his username is Spartan. Or you can drop me a line and I’ll help you all I can as Shaun is my best mate.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Seeing this thread, I'm going to have get hold of JB and see if I can get my Manitou back
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Seeing this thread, I'm going to have get hold of JB and see if I can get my Manitou back
    Falcon resurge!

Let’s go protest outside Air Arms and demand they restart production of those fine rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I have to be honest here, mine has a new breach and HW35E barrel fitted with screwcut plus a nicer cokcing lever, if I get it back I'll try and get some pics up
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

hes done a mint job on that bud