Thread: .22 CO2 powered sub-machinegun

.22 CO2 powered sub-machinegun

Spits out twelve .22 pellets a second!
    https://www..com/itm/Air-Ordnance-SM...u~5:rk:17:pf:0
    Air Ordnance SMG22 Belt Fed CO2 Pellet Gun w/accessories
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbOCyMEFhyo
    Last edited by cinedux; 05-12-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Remarkable. Presumably, that would be illegal in the UK?

Now that looks like good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    Spits out twelve .22 pellets a second!
    https://www..com/itm/Air-Ordnance-SM...u~5:rk:17:pf:0
    Air Ordnance SMG22 Belt Fed CO2 Pellet Gun w/accessories
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbOCyMEFhyo
    Stop teasing

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Remarkable. Presumably, that would be illegal in the UK?
    I can remember only a few years ago something very similar being on a game fair stall booth.
    I think it ran on compressed air and fired steel BB's at a paper star and you had to shoot the whole star out with a 100-round stick (I think it was 100).

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I can remember only a few years ago something very similar being on a game fair stall booth.
    I think it ran on compressed air and fired steel BB's at a paper star and you had to shoot the whole star out with a 100-round stick (I think it was 100).
    I remember being fascinated by those at the fairgrounds in the Sixties when I was a kid, no one ever seemed to shoot out the entire red star.

Strangely relaxing to see (and hear) the gentle thump, thump, thump. Too many 1920's/30's gangster novels methinks.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Initially I thought, hmm that looks nice but actually you could probably have more fun with a decent electric airsoft. No having to load the damn belts or have that totally awkward bottle etc and stock issue. Nice idea but I can imagine if they were legal in the UK they would be used a couple of times then put back in the box and up for sale.

The jetski of airguns ... maybe you always wanted one but the reality is they are much less fun than they look. The group size is like a diinner plate at 20 yards...

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    My point was actually if they are actually illegal - how do fairs, etc operate them?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The jetski of airguns ... maybe you always wanted one but the reality is they are much less fun than they look.
    I like jetskis
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I like jetskis
    For sure, on your holidays, but if you owned one it would get an outing twice a year...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    My point was actually if they are actually illegal - how do fairs, etc operate them?
    I don’t know.

Maybe the “miniature rifle” exemption in the Firearms Act 1968 (as amended)? Which is maybe soon to be changed, because it was designed to cover fairgrounds with .22” single-shots, but a couple of idiots recently used it to set up ranges which - legally - allow anyone to use semi-auto .22LR AR15 and AK lookalikes and then put scary-looking “terrorist training” videos on the internet that were picked up by the Daily Mail?

I can attest that with the fairground full-auto guns it is nearly impossible to shoot out the star. I have tried many times over the years. Any other shooting fairground game, even cork-firing Gat rifles, I can usually win a small stuffed toy. The machine gun things, never. Sometimes close, but no figurative cigar.

Don't shoot the star shoot round it in a circle I have done it a couple of times won a fiver a time, and the bottles of pommane on a string cut the string to win we used to put the pellet in the wrong way round so it gave you a better chance to cut the string won loads of bottles one night and got told to p.... off.

For those that are less than 147 years old ...here is the legendary Fairground BB SMG

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Don't shoot the star shoot round it in a circle I have done it a couple of times won a fiver a time, and the bottles of pommane on a string cut the string to win we used to put the pellet in the wrong way round so it gave you a better chance to cut the string won loads of bottles one night and got told to p.... off.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-vfNODSjzM