Thread: Adding to military look with a leather sling - Diana 50

Adding to military look with a leather sling - Diana 50

Bought this Parkerized Diana 50 that had sling loops. Given the military look I bought a 1907 US military sling. Standard sling on the Garand and Springfield. Adds to the look but will be interesting to see if the sling adds to a stable platform when used. Probably the kiss of death with a springer, it needs to move? The 1907 has a pretty elaborate way to use it. Anyone use a sling?

Last edited by 45flint; 05-12-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Probably the kiss of death with a springer, it needs to move?
    My gut feeling is that the kind of support provided by sling tension round the forearm will be OK, it's a different thing from resting on a hard surface. I quite often find, when shooting my Osprey with diopter sights, that my groups start to open up because I'm not concentrating and holding the gun too loosely. Tightening my hold by forcing the stock into my armpit improves things no end.

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    My gut feeling is that the kind of support provided by sling tension round the forearm will be OK, it's a different thing from resting on a hard surface. I quite often find, when shooting my Osprey with diopter sights, that my groups start to open up because I'm not concentrating and holding the gun too loosely. Tightening my hold by forcing the stock into my armpit improves things no end.
    It may be spring before I can really test it but it is interesting to see how a military sling does work. In the US their are competitions with it on military rifles. In the meantime it looks the part on this rifle.