Thread: Eye test for shooters.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello to All,

Please find lonk to some more of Dr. Wong's articles about shooting glasses :

https://www.starreloaders.com/edhall/nwongarts.html

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Pistol Lens

Hi Chris

We used to live in Sutton Coldfield until about two years or so ago and it might be worth trying the company
    I used for a pistol lens about twelve months before we moved. One of our club members had put his business card on the club notice board and several members had used him. The company is Alecto Optical Solutions, Unit E09 Hastingwood Industrial Park, Wood Lane ,Erdington.B24 9QR. 0121 386 6614. The chap I dealt with was Neil Tredell who I think is the boss man. I did have a bit of a job locating him as the estate is a rabbit warren of small businesses but it was worth it when I found him. He was happy for me to take a pistol in and try various lens in his frames until I was happy I had what I wanted and he then made a 42mm lens for my frames. Price more than reasonable as I recall. Worth a phone call anyway.
    Hope this helps
    Regards

Some very interesting reading, thanks again everyone.
    Simon at JHSteward has recommended :-

https://www.flintandpartners.co.uk/sports-vision/

Looks promising and very local to me.

Cheers
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_SwampThing View Post
    Some very interesting reading, thanks again everyone.
    Simon at JHSteward has recommended :-

https://www.flintandpartners.co.uk/sports-vision/

Looks promising and very local to me.

Cheers
    Chris
    You didn’t see post 8 then.

Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    You didn’t see post 8 then.
    Sorry Nick.
    My brain didn't register what was actually written after "There..... sorted" as being anything other than a forum signature.... Plus I need my eyes tested.

Cheers
    Chris
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..