Thread: Eye test for shooters.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    As you may notice, I actually started this thread ages ago.
    In the end I spoke with the manager of my local Specsavers and Vision Express, explained exactly why I wanted specific testing and both agreed that I could have an appointment and be able to bring in my pistol. I explained how it worked and that I would not be bringing any pellets nor the air cylinder.
    I made a gizmo to assist with the test.
    I cut a plastic straw in half and split it lengthways, so that it could be rolled tighter to slide inside the end of the barrel. I then printed off a small sheet of various sized text and with sticky tape attached this to the end of the straw. Then, during the test and holding the pistol in my shooting stance, I was able more accurately gauge the effect of the various lenses by reading the text which was at exactly the right distance from my eye (I could have just taped the card to the end of the barrel but I didn't want to get my nice new gun covered with sticky stuff).

Persevere and you should manage to get through to someone with common sense.

Atb
    Chris
    Last edited by Sir_SwampThing; 25-10-2021 at 03:21 PM.
    BSA Ultra Multi .22 ( Falcon Merlin 10x42T, `Tweaky` reg, HW mod, Cobra Merlin+Dipol L3 ), Skan M32 .177 (3-12x44 mini SWAT), Alros Trailsman .177 (Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 , `Tweaky` reg ), Steyr Evo 10e and a Daystate Pulsar. 177..