Thread: hw100 leak....

hw100 leak....

Please be gentle with me ......

Yes I know it's an old topic and there is shed loads to read up on but sometimes it's worth revisiting things to get a fresh perspective.

Friend has asked me to look at his .177 HW100 which has dropped power, is leaking from probe on firing ( you can feel it ) and is nosey from same area on firing.

I have changed the breech seal but it still has the same issue.I am going to strip completely later and see if anything else is obvious. I will have to wait till my m8 returns my pressure gauge next week before I go too deep. I measured it at 9lb ft earlier.

I just wondered has anyone had similar issues and if so what cured it.

Cheers

A common cause of breech leaks from the HW100 is a bent cocking link which doesn't push the pellet probe far enough into the breech to seal. If you've replaced the seal and it hasn't cured the leak I suspect it's the link.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Cheers Buddy. I was going to strip the gun tonight but had a few scoops and thought better of it. I will try again tomorrow.