Thread: Parcelforce prices increase, and a discount code!

Parcelforce prices increase, and a discount code!

Just been on the parcelforce website and there prices seem to have changed and are now a lot more weight based so be aware when quoting as they can cost quite a bit more than expected.

On the plus side I found a discount code when booking online for 20% off just enter the code KC18 at checkout.

Thanks, wish I’d known that last week!

Interesting, I can see a 20% discount for overseas but not for the UK,
    also a big discount if you link to an E commerce account, for business users
    or have the parcel dropped at a local PO or PF depot for the recipient to collect,
    but for normal delivery to the door the same prices as in the current leaflet

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Interesting, I can see a 20% discount for overseas but not for the UK,
    also a big discount if you link to an E commerce account, for business users
    or have the parcel dropped at a local PO or PF depot for the recipient to collect,
    but for normal delivery to the door the same prices as in the current leaflet
    Booked online today and normally the price is the same upto about 20kg but now seems to go up with the weight, to send a 12.5kg parcel it went up to £21.
    Book through a parcel comparison site and it's under a tenner to send the same package but didn't want to risk it as was a air rifle being sent. The 20% discount worked for me.

Also had the same price problem with a parcel going to Northern Ireland, through parcelforce website it was nearly £40, through parcel compare site it was £9!

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Booked online today and normally the price is the same upto about 20kg but now seems to go up with the weight, to send a 12.5kg parcel it went up to £21.
    Book through a parcel comparison site and it's under a tenner to send the same package but didn't want to risk it as was a air rifle being sent. The 20% discount worked for me.

Also had the same price problem with a parcel going to Northern Ireland, through parcelforce website it was nearly £40, through parcel compare site it was £9!
    Ok well if using a comparison site you need to check the small print, they do NOT carry the same insurance/compensation as when you buy the same service direct
    They also impose their own restrictions on top of the normal PF rules, so where airguns are legal with PF48, they are NOT legal with PF48 booked through an agent they must be taken to a Post Office.

Parcel force has always had price by weight the price has never "been the same up to about 20kg" as you state ? which makes me wonder what service are you using or do you have an account? are you including VAT (their pdf prices are all +vat) genuinely interested if you have found a way to make it cheaper.

Hi, I book any air rifles direct with parcelforce and drop off at the post office as per there rules.
    I was booking in a huge box of coat hangers and a couple of other boxes of junk i sold and booked them in on a comparison site and the price stayed the same right up to 20kg so presumed it was the same if booked direct with parcelforce but when sending a well packed rifle the price shot up with the weight increase over just a cardboard boxed rifle.

Just had a look at there prices direct and your right it is based in 5kg increments.

If I find a way to do it cheaper I will let everyone know!
    Last edited by rovercoupe; 06-12-2018 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Hi, I book any air rifles direct with parcelforce and drop off at the post office as per there rules.
    I was booking in a huge box of coat hangers and a couple of other boxes of junk i sold and booked them in on a comparison site and the price stayed the same right up to 20kg so presumed it was the same if booked direct with parcelforce but when sending a well packed rifle the price shot up with the weight increase over just a cardboard boxed rifle.

Just had a look at there prices direct and your right it is based in 5kg increments.

If I find a way to do it cheaper I will let everyone know!

Any idea if they started taking air guns for international addresses?

-Inder
    FAC Diana52 .22 with Maccari kit - Bushnell Legend 5-15*40, FAC Diana52 .177 - Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44 , FAC HW97 .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44, FAC TX200HC .177- Bushnell Legend Ultra HD Mildot 4.5-14×44

Still showing uk only for air rifles and pistols I'm afraid.

Its about time that they upped the compensation to the market value of the articles posted!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    Its about time that they upped the compensation to the market value of the articles posted!!!!!!!!
    Sadly that would be abused by people posing broken lumps of c**p & claiming hundreds for "vintage" items damaged in transit.

Millions of items are delivered every week with very few issues, pack it well & address it correctly, no reason there should be any problem.