Thread: What's the going rate for a Longbow?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

What's the going rate for a Longbow?

Hi all,

I've seen a Brum made Webley Longbow .22 in a beech stock for sale, what would you say is the going rate for one nowadays?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

if really nice and no marks £200 for standard one in beech. Tuned 250 and in walnut stock 200-300 and for a venom sidewinder compact around 400

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    if really nice and no marks £200 for standard one in beech. Tuned 250 and in walnut stock 200-300 and for a venom sidewinder compact around 400
    Thanks for that, gives me some idea.

I think like a lot of people on here finding a Sidewinder would be most satisfying

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    From experience, I think you should add £50 to the above quotes, don't forget that the Birmingham
    longbow was only produced for 2 years and are becoming hard to find in nice condition, atb Daz

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

I've seen a Brum made Webley Longbow .22 in a beech stock for sale, what would you say is the going rate for one nowadays?

Cheers

Pete
    I might of spotted the same one! Don't worry I'm managing to resist I think £250 is a good price for one from a dealer, I would expect that one would be the same price on here. Go for it imo.

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I might of spotted the same one! Don't worry I'm managing to resist I think £250 is a good price for one from a dealer, I would expect that one would be the same price on here. Go for it imo.

Max
    Just went down to buy it.....it was sold yesterday

Not to worry.

Pete

Was it the one on guntrader? Very nicely figured beech stock. There was also a 177 stingray express that looked good in the pictures.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Was it the one on guntrader? Very nicely figured beech stock. There was also a 177 stingray express that looked good in the pictures.
    Where did you see the Stingray Express? (rather strange as Webley never did the Express in .177)

There is a Stingray for sale in there but it has a beech stock (which is nicely grained) but it is a bit rough and is missing it's front sight as someone has shoved a bit of metal in the barrel weight to compensate.

Yes it was the one on Gun trader, it had been on there for a few weeks but kept putting it off.

Pete

Ahem...

Not sure if it’s of interest but see sales section.

Where did you see the Stingray Express? (rather strange as Webley never did the Express in .177)

There is a Stingray for sale in there but it has a beech stock (which is nicely grained) but it is a bit rough and is missing it's front sight as someone has shoved a bit of metal in the barrel weight to compensate.

Yes it was the one on Gun trader, it had been on there for a few weeks but kept putting it off.

Pete

Sorry, it's probably the wrong description on my part, webley introduced these guns while I was out of the airgun scene. The one I have seen on guntrader has open sights and a scope, up for £200.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Sorry, it's probably the wrong description on my part, webley introduced these guns while I was out of the airgun scene. The one I have seen on guntrader has open sights and a scope, up for £200.
    I did see that one, it's not an Express as they had Walnut stocks and only came in .22 with no open sights (they had the rounded off breech block with no mounting holes).

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Not sure if it’s of interest but see sales section.
    It probably would have been but you ain't posting and I'm down the other end of the country.

Pete

It probably would have been but you ain't posting and I'm down the other end of the country.

Pete
    Sincerely sorry, Pete.

Bad experiences with posting, hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Sincerely sorry, Pete.

Bad experiences with posting, hope you understand.
    Not a problem mate, fully understand, something will come along, to be honest I'm not overly worried about getting one (unless it's a Venom sidewinder), I just thought about getting the one that was close to me that wasn't overly priced (which is unusual for a dealer, especially the one near me).

Pete