Thread: New underlever gas-ram repeater

New underlever gas-ram repeater

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Umare...fle_Combo/4807

Sort of interesting.

I mean, I don’t like the looks, and as it sells for $160/£130 in the US it is doubtless made down to the lowest possible price in China. But still, repeating springers are interesting.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the goldstar annoyed me a bit due to unreliable mags, but my slr88 is faultless, and fun. still looking for a diana 300r, but a chap at our club had one and they are a bit quirky.

this one looks imteresting, but i really wish it was twice the price/quality...and not 1000 fps !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I also want a 300R. Woodys of Wembley had one about 4-6 years ago, and I regret not buying it (though it wasn’t exactly a bargain).

This is quite interesting.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011...rlever-part-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

this one looks imteresting, but i really wish it was twice the price/quality...and not 1000 fps !
    And a spring to replace the gas strut?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Stamped underlever. Hmm.

Top marks for two mags.

The barrel is shrouded, does that mean it is fully floating and divorced from the cocking lever?

Why does it look so cheap and nasty? Could it be because it is cheap and nasty?

Why a non-adjustable trigger? Just so that Shed Tuner can spend an enjoyable afternoon desiging and building some adjustments into it?

On the plus side the design is businesslike and has nice clean lines, let down by the short trigger blade and hideous trigger guard.

And the price is very good, even if it will cost quite alot to get it converted to spring power.

Actually looks quite good .. the pellet is pushed into the bore by a probe like with the expensive ones ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Clt6JGB5j8

Although it doesn't seem that accurate ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUGUyOmd8FU
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 29-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the goldstar annoyed me a bit due to unreliable mags, but my slr88 is faultless, and fun. still looking for a diana 300r, but a chap at our club had one and they are a bit quirky.

Had the diana 300r. Getting mags and the mag loading housing are now impossible. The mag loading pins snap easily as they are made out of tool steel. Very front heavy guns compared to my goldstars and my slr88. Having to load the mag then load it in to the housing before you can load the housing in to the rifle is a pain. Nice as a. Collectable but thats about it. Slr will piss all over it in the accuracy stakes and so will the goldstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I also want a 300R. Woodys of Wembley had one about 4-6 years ago, and I regret not buying it (though it wasn’t exactly a bargain).

This is quite interesting.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2011...rlever-part-2/
    I had one. Read my reply to shed tuner.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Had the diana 300r. Getting mags and the mag loading housing are now impossible. The mag loading pins snap easily as they are made out of tool steel. Very front heavy guns compared to my goldstars and my slr88. Having to load the mag then load it in to the housing before you can load the housing in to the rifle is a pain. Nice as a. Collectable but thats about it. Slr will piss all over it in the accuracy stakes and so will the goldstar.
    Just so members can see what you mean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74jlEi1grAs

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah I know the 300R is fiddly, but manageable. Interesting concept of shooting without the loading pin, straight from mag to bore. think accuracy woudl be affected at range...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I still don’t like the look of the thing, but it’s still quite interesting.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...-combo-part-1/

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I took your advice Chris on the one I bought off you. And, eventually I got a loading pin component. Ironically, this was literally at the point where Ruag were about to close the Diana import franchise and one of their reps was going over to Rastatt for a meeting and offered to bring one back with him. Through a twist his email arrived a little late for me to confirm with him and so I couldn't take advantage of a post n packing free delivery of said part. In the end I picked one up from SWS. One of the few they had as it happens as I think it went out is stock with them for a time and the one I had came over with a 470TH I imported from them.
    I've not fitted it and as you suggested I'm debating someone copying it out of tool steel whilst it's still whole so if I muck up and snap it I will have a replacement ready.
    A very quirky but nonetheless poor design of magazine and loading probe- and very easy to snap.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    I took your advice Chris on the one I bought off you. And, eventually I got a loading pin component. Ironically, this was literally at the point where Ruag were about to close the Diana import franchise and one of their reps was going over to Rastatt for a meeting and offered to bring one back with him. Through a twist his email arrived a little late for me to confirm with him and so I couldn't take advantage of a post n packing free delivery of said part. In the end I picked one up from SWS. One of the few they had as it happens as I think it went out is stock with them for a time and the one I had came over with a 470TH I imported from them.
    I've not fitted it and as you suggested I'm debating someone copying it out of tool steel whilst it's still whole so if I muck up and snap it I will have a replacement ready.
    A very quirky but nonetheless poor design of magazine and loading probe- and very easy to snap.
    Dave
    my theoben slr88 and goldstar have a better design. since getting new mags for my goldstar i have not had a single problem. glad you still enjoy it for the nice collectable it is. but the mag design was not well thought out at all. chris

This looks like a good bit of plinking fun for youngsters to get into the sport don’t knock it.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitester View Post
    This looks like a good bit of plinking fun for youngsters to get into the sport don’t knock it.
    It's a bit heavy for a junior rifle and single-shot is a better while teaching them safe shooting habits...