Thread: webley longbow sfs phantom

webley longbow sfs phantom

Saw one for sale today,very nice looking rifle apparently a limited edition only 30 made.does anybody have any info on these guns,thought this would be the best place to ask.
    Also what would be a good price for these.
    Cheers.........dean
    SUPPORT THE COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN OR LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOU SUPPORT......SIMPLES

SOMEBODY?

I guess the SFS is Sandwell Field Sports (North Birmingham). Tony Wall is the airgun man there, internals will have had a tweak (notice I didn't say 'Tune"), haven't seen one, does it have a black stock? They did a few guns with dark/black wood stocks and a bit of fettling.

If it helps, I paid £330 for a Venom Sidewinder Compact which is a Brummy Longbow at heart. Love it to bits. May invest in a Longbow SE stock for it at some point.
    Brocock Atomic .177

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    £270 to £300 I'd say.
    Last edited by R. P. McMurphy; 30-08-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Dunno wether SE or not? The SE go for 300-350 iirc.
    Thats standard turkish cr..
    A tune would be nice, SFS did that before on other guns.
    But its stíll turkish..
    Would rather spent my money on a uk made 2nd hand Sidewinder.
    ATB,
    yana

no ..its a brummy gun.the sfs phantom is engraved on the top along with the edition number.sitting in loverly sporter stock,and the bluing is arealy deep colour

phantom

yes 30 made sold by webley or venom?to sfs .yep this is a very old thread lol
    Last edited by splosh!; 11-09-2019 at 04:56 PM.

Tony bought 50 from Venom but only made 30 Phantoms.

I as others have have one of these 20 from Tony that have no engraving on the tube, mine has a shrouded Venom barrel from a Sidewinder, that was a superb swap on here, and a Vmach kit.

Pictures on here somewhere.
    Nice things happen to nice people.

Wembley longbow SFS Phantom

I have a phantom number 2 in .22 I purchased it off here in 2013. I understood Tony Wall bought 50 longbows from Webley with blank cylinders and only 30 were converted into Phantoms. I believe those thirty were engraved on top of the cylinder and numbered the stocks were slimmed down walnut stocks and came with a venom slimtech moderator.
    Mine did not look like it had been apart and on my inspection it was standard inside but may have had a replacement spring and was packed with a dark brown sticky tar type grease.
    It shot quite nicely but I degreased it made new top hat and spring guide and it then had a much nicer shot cycle, value I would put at £300 in very good condition.
    I like Longbows a lot I have five of them one of which is one of the blank cylinder versions that never made it into a phantom, a venom compact in .177 and three others in various states of tune, they are all very accurate with Lother Walther barrels.

where's Mach 1.5 he may know more !

Sfs

Leighvite is spot on with the info. Came in a walnut stock with ever chequring. I think ISP did the silencers for them. Nice rifle and a shame SFS only did so few. VMach did a few longstroked longbows with an extra 6mm on the piston to make them more efficient. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 11-09-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leighvite View Post
    I have a phantom number 2 in .22 I purchased it off here in 2013. I understood Tony Wall bought 50 longbows from Webley with blank cylinders and only 30 were converted into Phantoms. I believe those thirty were engraved on top of the cylinder and numbered the stocks were slimmed down walnut stocks and came with a venom slimtech moderator.... value I would put at £300 in very good condition.
    I think more. SFS doesn’t have the Hollywood cachet of Venom, but I think really nice factory walnut Longbows are £280-310. I reckon more like £350.

I have one,
    I wouldn't entertain an offer starting with a 3,
    i'd see as much parting it out
    trigger is fantastic, hand worked stock and French polished finish according to Tony,
    nothing I've had comes close,
    what would the same cost now ?
    I have an expertly tuned longbow with a nice walnut stock and fancy suppressor, that would be a steal at £350
    I also had the sfs banshee but that didn't suit me as well as the phantom, great bit of kit too,
    I think Tony is an unsung hero in the field,
    all jmo

Sfs

As this is an old thread from 2009 i think prices have gone up since the valuation then. Mach 1.5

Wink SFS Phantom

Hi All

I agree with Mach 1.5 wholeheartedly.

Ive got an SFS Phantom Webley Longbow rifle (which is number 30 of 30) in .177 Calibre.

It has the most stunning high grade Walnut stock and super Webley Venom completed blueing and Moderator. It’s also shoots as well as the Venom Sidewinder Compact Longbow that I’ve got, so is absolutely on par in my opinion.

It’s a stunning rifle to look at and shoot and I wouldn't part with mine for less than double the prices that have been quoted on this thread (not that it's for sale). I have never opened mine up to see how it’s been tuned as it’s shooting perfectly, so I can’t confirm what’s been done to it. I’m just presuming that it has the SFS tuned internals, that Tony Wall would have done.

The Webley Longbow is a brilliant rifle without being upgraded, so if you do get the chance to buy a SFS Phantom in the future please do as you won’t be disappointed. They are that good, if only just in looks.

Kind Regards

David