Thread: Crossman medalist

Crossman medalist

Boxed Crossman 1300 medalist .22 pump up pistol 1970's in good over all cond. Shoots great good accuracy and power £65 posted

Dave.
    Last edited by DM80; 12-12-2018 at 08:05 AM.

Looks like a nice one, Dave. Blast from the past for me, literally, as this was one of my first serious airguns in the late '70s. Smashing glass bottles on wasteland with mates and pumping until my arms were ready to fall off! Powerfull and accurate - a classic.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Looks like a nice one, Dave. Blast from the past for me, literally, as this was one of my first serious airguns in the late '70s. Smashing glass bottles on wasteland with mates and pumping until my arms were ready to fall off! Powerfull and accurate - a classic.
    If you had one of these in the 70's you were the special one lol big myth at the time though about their power output most lads well over estimated the power level in truth 8-10 pumps gave around 3.5 to 4ftb unless you were a naughty boy and disabled their blow off valve

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    If you had one of these in the 70's you were the special one lol big myth at the time though about their power output most lads well over estimated the power level in truth 8-10 pumps gave around 3.5 to 4ftb unless you were a naughty boy and disabled their blow off valve

Dave.
    It seemed incredibly powerful at the time. Probably a good thing we didn't have chronos in those days.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

1300 doesn't have a blow off valve it's a straight forward dump valve later 1322 medalists had a blow by valve stem for the UK market

As above.
    No blow off.

After extensive fiddling with mine, they are power limited by the lost space above the pump seal.

After a daft no of pumps (tried mine to make sure no possible legal troubles), extra pumping does not add any pressure to the valve.

Safely confirmed at 5 and a bit Ftlbs.

main restriction is the valve spacer as otherwise -barring the fixing screw size the valve is the same as a 140/1400 rifle

mine has a hole underneath the breach hole so some air goes down wards as well as behind the pellet

in that case it isn't a 1300 but likely a 1377 they had either a hole drilled from the exhaust chamber down wards or to the rear where the hammer is situated

Up with new price and last price £65 posted, really nice classic 70's pistol this in good cond, and working well shoots accurate with good power.

Dave.

if its still available I will take this, could collect as well if you want.