Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A 'high end' springer for Christmas

A 'high end' springer for Christmas

Just pondering, as you do at this time of year.
    If someone was told they could spent £1000+ on a bespoke high end springer, what choices are there? There are several high end bespoke PCPs out there, available off the shelf but I could not think of a springer equivalent that would be available off the shelf. PCPs have 'Special Editions' but seemingly not springers. My costings do not include scope, mounts etc.
    This does not mean that it is not possble to get a high end springer; more that it is a sort of diy job.
    Step 1: buy a standard top springer e.g. TX200, Hw77/97 (please co not sart arguments, these are illustration only?
    Step 2; buy a customised stock, fully adjustable in walnut or whatever suits you
    Step 3: either get it 'professionally tuned' or do the job yourself
    I am sure you could exceed the 'high end' price tag by doing this but it is interesting that you cannot buy it 'already done'. Maybe the market is too small. Maybe springer fans prefer to diy.
    So if someone is out there with money seemingly burning a hole in their pocket there is no real alternative but diy.
    Just seems strange.
    Cheers, Phil

My first choice would be an Air Arms Pro-Sport in .177 calibre in a walnut stock. Then I would get a V-Mach kit for it when they become available again. Strip, deburr , polish and re-lube with theV-Mach kit in it and then enjoy it for many, many years.

Neil

p.s:- Have a GREAT Christmas mate........
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    My first choice would be an Air Arms Pro-Sport in .177 calibre in a walnut stock. Then I would get a V-Mach kit for it when they become available again. Strip, deburr , polish and re-lube with theV-Mach kit in it and then enjoy it for many, many years.
    You have just described the rifle exactly that I already own.
    Master Debater

So do I, but without the V-Mach.

I’ve also done the DIY thing to an HW80K and HW97K using Custom Stocks of Sheffield woodwork and Rowan Engineering trigger guard and trigger. I didn’t go as far as custom tuning, but very satisfying when completed. Topped with Hawke Vantage scopes and Sportsmatch Dampa mounts each one came in well below £1000.

I’m currently customising a HW30S with woodwork from Guntuning in Poland as Custom Stocks don’t cater for the 30.

TX200 rifle, TL22 kit and a Tillys stock

Sorted

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    So do I, but without the V-Mach.

I’ve also done the DIY thing to an HW80K and HW97K using Custom Stocks of Sheffield woodwork and Rowan Engineering trigger guard and trigger. I didn’t go as far as custom tuning, but very satisfying when completed. Topped with Hawke Vantage scopes and Sportsmatch Dampa mounts each one came in well below £1000.

I’m currently customising a HW30S with woodwork from Guntuning in Poland as Custom Stocks don’t cater for the 30.

Hi, how are you getting on with guntuning.com? The stocks look like Lucas Parsley's work, nothing wrong with that but some have had issues with delivery times I think?
    Have you been quoted a leadtime? Sorry for the questions but it would be good to have an alternative source of custom woodwork to the usual suppliers. Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Hi, how are you getting on with guntuning.com? The stocks look like Lucas Parsley's work, nothing wrong with that but some have had issues with delivery times I think?
    Have you been quoted a leadtime? Sorry for the questions but it would be good to have an alternative source of custom woodwork to the usual suppliers. Thanks Max
    No problem, I’ve been dealing with Marcin and Darek, excellent comms and attention to customer requirements. It’s been suggested the stock would be completed within about three weeks unless there was a problem with the blank and they had to remake it. Whether it transpires that timescale is accurate remains to be seen!

I ordered their ‘hunting style’ stock in walnut with Bisley adjustable buttplate. Cost of finished oiled stock including delivery to UK is 290 Euros, 50 Euros less if I opted to finish sanding and oiling the stock myself.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post

Neil

p.s:- Have a GREAT Christmas mate........
    I has one PS in a walnut CS800 superior grade with Vortek kit, and one on a custom Paul Wilson stock with a Dave Hall/B&C kit (before meltdown....) and both are stunning guns...

but my absolute pride 'n joy is my 25mm Pro Elite in CS 800 stock converted by Venoman: feels like a kiddies toy to cock, shoots almost recoilless and is full power

Joy. And no-one's getting those for Christmas but me!!!

Jerry

Not sure if SFS would do a complete, tuned, custom stocked '97 or such like these days?

My first choice if I were in the market and could afford one would be 77 or 97 based, leave the action with Steve Pope for as long as required and topped off with a nicely figured CS stock.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Probably doesn't count as they are no longer made but any Whiscombe would be my choice as they are a masterpiece of engineering. And I doubt wether anyone could improve one.
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

I'd go for something like this if it was left handed .
    http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.a...s&Product=9297

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    New Feinwerkbau Sporter, short stroked, new guides, machine off rabbit ear rearsight nonsense, rehouse in bespoke stock with nice hog's back comb.

Top end springer

Warren Edwards the custom stock maker has a verry nice selection of springers I think he will sell 1 or 2. Pm me if you need his number

Make your way to to Doncaster Air gun club tomorrow you mite fined wot your looking for... Starts at 7am
    [url]www.rivington-riflemen.eu

ive had all those Wish someone would come up with something special