Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A 'high end' springer for Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    My first choice would be an Air Arms Pro-Sport in .177 calibre in a walnut stock. Then I would get a V-Mach kit for it when they become available again. Strip, deburr , polish and re-lube with theV-Mach kit in it and then enjoy it for many, many years.

Neil

p.s:- Have a GREAT Christmas mate........
    I have to agree with Neil...
    ...because I am lucky enough to have bought his own Prosport that he did all of the above to (and more). One seriously beautiful rifle. Cheers Neil - it is safe and appreciated every day!!

Richard

imorik is offline I stick my head out and take it on the chin.
    Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    ive had all those Wish someone would come up with something special
    Bet you aiint had one of these
    https://youtu.be/yZ4lrd3Gi9Q
    AA TX200 MK2 .177, MK3 Barrel, long stroked & shortened T/P
    AA TX200 MK3 HC .177, 22mm internals, shortened T/P
    http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by imorik View Post
    Turned it off after 30 secs because of the music.

(or lack of)
    Master Debater

Bad t o the bone eh

High End Springer.

Back in the 80's this was possible but now a days i'm not so sure?. You could choose your action, tune, stock etc and the rifle would be done in about 4 weeks. Around 1989 I asked venom to rebuild an HW80 of mine to my spec...3 weeks later I had a HW80k with a full lazaglide action, Mach 1 trigger, Mach 1 barrel, full reblue and a factory MK1 walnut stock. These days something like this would take a little longer. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Back in the 80's this was possible but now a days i'm not so sure?. You could choose your action, tune, stock etc and the rifle would be done in about 4 weeks. Around 1989 I asked venom to rebuild an HW80 of mine to my spec...3 weeks later I had a HW80k with a full lazaglide action, Mach 1 trigger, Mach 1 barrel, full reblue and a factory MK1 walnut stock. These days something like this would take a little longer. Mach 1.5
    And it would cost a fair bit more than 1K .
    Les..

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Like already said, Prosport in a walnut stock with some sort of tuning done, personally I had troubles with the V-mach kit, so ended up opting for a Welsh willy kit and a Vortek O ring head.

But we all have our favourites.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    New Feinwerkbau Sporter, short stroked, new guides, machine off rabbit ear rearsight nonsense, rehouse in bespoke stock with nice hog's back comb.
    Remember he's only just got over a grand to spend, all that work would have to be bespoke and the rifle costs over £600 on it's own

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Interesting concept but that stock isn't pretty
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Phil,

For me, a TX200, with Mr. Leach 22mm innards, and by some bit of magic, fitting the action into a modern, adjustable aluminium chassis stock.

I already have the first two (2) parts, fitted in a Custom Stocks CS800, just got to work on the third !

I have thought about chopping a standard TX stock, leaving just the wood that beds against the action and the forend, and then bolting it to a chassis stock ?

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    New Feinwerkbau Sporter, short stroked, new guides, machine off rabbit ear rearsight nonsense, rehouse in bespoke stock with nice hog's back comb.
    Or take a nice 124 / 127 and do the above
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Remember he's only just got over a grand to spend, all that work would have to be bespoke and the rifle costs over £600 on it's own

Pete
    Very interesting replies ... thank you. And in case you were wondering, I am not in the market for such a rifle myself at the moment. But on reflection, maybe my 'grand' limit was a bit low; even though I did say £1000+.
    The replies are, however, interesting as a general reflection of the niceties of springers. Neil started the ball rolling with a Prosport to get diy treatment and this was chosen again by several others. Maybe this was a case of 'follow the leader' but even so it is interesting as the PS is not a rifle you hear a lot about as it seems to lose out to its bed fellow the TX when it comes to competition and hunting. The 97 had 2 votes followed by a sprinkling of other models with one vote each. OK, not a scientific or comprehensive ballot. The thread was not really intended to be a ballot but is none the worse for it. But interesting all the same, especially as I rate the PS just about the best looking springer 'out of the box'. Out of interest I looked up the cost of a new one and the going rate seems to be £669 for walnut, less for beech. Add a stock upgrade (£250 - £300?) and a tuning kit or tuning service and you are up to c. £1200? I had forgotten the Whiscombe. I wonder if a similar rifle was introduced it would sell?

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Very interesting replies ... thank you. And in case you were wondering, I am not in the market for such a rifle myself at the moment. But on reflection, maybe my 'grand' limit was a bit low; even though I did say £1000+.
    The replies are, however, interesting as a general reflection of the niceties of springers. Neil started the ball rolling with a Prosport to get diy treatment and this was chosen again by several others. Maybe this was a case of 'follow the leader' but even so it is interesting as the PS is not a rifle you hear a lot about as it seems to lose out to its bed fellow the TX when it comes to competition and hunting. The 97 had 2 votes followed by a sprinkling of other models with one vote each. OK, not a scientific or comprehensive ballot. The thread was not really intended to be a ballot but is none the worse for it. But interesting all the same, especially as I rate the PS just about the best looking springer 'out of the box'. Out of interest I looked up the cost of a new one and the going rate seems to be £669 for walnut, less for beech. Add a stock upgrade (£250 - £300?) and a tuning kit or tuning service and you are up to c. £1200? I had forgotten the Whiscombe. I wonder if a similar rifle was introduced it would sell?

Cheers, Phil
    Interesting comments Phil, my commnet regard 124 / 127 are purely because of my age and affection for the rifle (I have a 127 currently in standard trim)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post

Cheers, Phil
    Why would you want a stock upgrade on a Prosport (unless it's beech to walnut) as the original PS stock is so beautiful and I feel you would be loosing a large part of the rifles character and it also doesn't need any alterations as it's perfect for scope usage (may be an adjustable butt pad).

Pete

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Tuning Tweeking Polishing with all the Bells n Whistles......
    Did you actually state which Christmas ?
    “An airgun or two”………