Thread: Where to buy 0 rings for a HW100

Where to buy 0 rings for a HW100

Hi all

I was just wondering If you guys could recommend a decent company to buy a pack of good quality spare O rings for a HW100.

Regards,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

I cannot give you a definitive reply but can raise a couple of options. If you are looking for a kit containing all the O rings you would need to completelyreplace all rings in the rifle then you may find that the 'bay' is a good starting point, or maybe Knibbs. If you are only after a set of the most common ones that are replaced, then do you already know the sizes you want? If the answer is no, then a quick search on google or even the O ring data base on here should give you sizes and spec for HW100 rings. Individual rings can be a tad pricey but they get much cheaper as you buy multiples. Places like Simply Bearings are good. But then you have to weigh up whether you want to buy multiples of the rings as you might well end up approaching the cost of a complete kit. Only you can decide this. If you end up with too many rings it is possible you could sell the spares on here.
    Cheers, Phil

I got a service kit with grease off the “bay”. Does the job nicely.

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    https://www.hw100tuning.co.uk

Ps, I accept no responsibility for all the other things you may also buy.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

+1 for HW100 Tuning.

I would just replace the only o ring which failed. If you try to change all in one go there is still a good chance you will
    Still end up with a leak and you will be completely lost about which one is it after touching so many!

by the way many o ring “full”kits miss one or two critical o rings so I have not seen one full kit anywhere! Typical workflow:
    1. Owner orders a kit from online shop
    2. Owner follows the dodgy strip down videos on YouTube
    3. Owner messes up reg setting plus has a fast or slow leak
    4. Owner comes crying for advice on forums
    5. Owner ends up paying for full service in the end.

Many times the o ring kit seller and repair person is the same guy. Double business

There is a diagram online with numbers for possible leaks coming from places and letters with corresponding o rings and sizes that need changing.
    No you don’t need a full kit. I think I had some o rings from the bearingshop seller too, don’t buy many there is no need

My advice is use the decanting tool, and fill the cylinder AFTER the cylinder is back on, o rings don’t like turning while pressurized.
    Last edited by krisko; 21-12-2018 at 08:44 PM.

+1 for HW100 Tuning.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. The 2 O rings that I'm Interested In at the moment Is the small one that fits on to the end of the Main Valve and the larger 0 ring that sits behind the main valve once Its been removed,

Regards,

John

God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Is there an owners club .com ? if so someone on there will probably sell kits or single O rings.

o rings

pm me your address i have a few spares from some sets you can have FOC if you have not got sorted.

I think I used this supplier and bought enough to keep me supplied. Those purpose seal kits are a rip off on the auction site .
    https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Se...705/index.html

And followed POK's guide on the owners forum for fixing a slow leak my hw100 had when I bought it 2nd hand. I purchased the action alone for a decent price so this was probably why.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tap...3ft=5300&amp=1

Also I referred to the excellent knowledge in other posts on here.

To crack the slow leak, it required the whole rifle to be taken apart to rule out the possible culprits. Whilst I was there, I removed the AT and fitted the adjustable hammer,s ofter hammer spring which required balancing the reg and hammer and a Rowan metal trigger. Sounded complicated at first, but once you crack it, it's well worth the effort. Now the firing cycle is even more silky smooth than standard and I get more shots from my carbine sporter at a consistent 11.2 ftlbs with 177 JSB heavies.
    Danny
    My collection = Ratworks BSA Scorpion T-10 .177, HW100KS .177 (tweaked by me), PP750, Crosman 1322 and 1377