Thread: HRPC Sunday 9th Guests welcom results

HRPC Sunday 9th Guests welcom results

First of all, can I thank everybody who turned up today and made it a really enjoyable shoot. With the weather looking a bit grim I wasn’t expecting so many people. As we wanted to use the driest part of the course, we used the 15 pegs shot twice format using the top end of the course. The added twist to this is that that’s usually where the wind tells and your're shooting down or across the stream so it’s hard to read. We did of course end up with the standard comedy moment of my foot going into the stream, however better than falling on my backside as in the past.

Unusually we had to pull one target as somebody (no names mentioned) shot it and managed to snap the two by two attaching it to the tree. For the rest we tried to put out a decent mix from easy (unfortunately somebody snapped the mount for this one) to the challenging unsupported stander (illegal for UKHFT I know but a cracking feeling when you drop it, 7 people managed to kill it once and Graham Cargan got it both times around) with the wind playing its part to make things interesting.
    On that note congratulations to Graham for top shot on the day with WELL Deserved and impressive 56, Bob Pattenden with a 52 using a boinger and Peter Fenn for putting up with my unfortunate noise making, including the embarrassingly loud expulsion of gastric gas during his safety brief. As a consolation, despite a low score today he did manage to hold on to the HRPC internal competition for the highest average for the year so a great result for him there.
    On to the full scores:

Graham Cargan 56
    Simon Humphries 55
    Bob Pattenden (R ) 52
    Kevin Wickson 52
    Jon Newton May 52
    Howard Kausch 52
    Babs Pearce 51
    Darren Purnell 51
    Richard Simpson 51
    Terry Evans 50
    Paul Bradford 49
    Adam Smith 49
    Pete Fenn 47
    Roy Pearce 45
    Barry Wade 27

Despite a fair few entries nobody cleared it so the sixty point challenge will roll over to next year and start out at £137. We won’t be running this for our next shoot.
    The next one, and last for this year we hold will be on December 23rd. We’ll be running it as a bit of fun so nothing formal and we “might” play around with the targets, nothing to silly though. It might be a simple easy course, a right B’stard, or CONFUSING MIX. In any case wear something Christmassy, Hat, Elf Ears, Scarf, Sweater or grinch outfit (Kevin) or whatever.
    Hope to see you there.

Cheers
    Terry
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

In any case wear something Christmassy, Hat, Elf Ears, Scarf, Sweater or grinch outfit (Kevin) or whatever.
    Hope to see you there.

Bah humbug

Well shot Graeme not bad for an Oakie

Thanks Terry and crew
    “To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target”

Red ISP Airstream serial number 48 in a Tilly stock. Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 X 32 MOA

Talking

Thanks Terry and the HRPC team for today.

Well done to the top shooters!

Don’t worry I have a nice festive headset for Kev to wear with his Christmas jumper on the 23rd!!! 😂🤣
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT

"Unusually we had to pull one target as somebody (no names mentioned) shot it and managed to snap the two by two attaching it to the tree."

..... I can confirm it was Jon Newton May....tut.....what is with those ISP guys?

Very tricky course with some deceptive wind, well done to Graham and Simon for those scores. Pleasure to shoot with Roy and Barbs today.
    Bob

Hrpc

Thank you to terry and his team for putting on a great course yesterday.
    Can not believe I got the stander twice. ( how lucky )
    Look forward to seeing you all soon
    Graeme

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
    "Unusually we had to pull one target as somebody (no names mentioned) shot it and managed to snap the two by two attaching it to the tree."

..... I can confirm it was Jon Newton May....tut.....what is with those ISP guys?
    Must get the chrono out on Tuesday and turn down the bazooka 😳
    Cheers EDBOC

Buxted HFT