Thread: What sort of price should I expect to pay for an AA s400 service

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    Assuming nothing is broken, and the AT has been removed it's about 1 hour's work and less than £5 worth of materials. If the firing valve needs replacing (not a bad idea anyway) add a tenner. A cylinder is about £40 and a barrel £130.

Alan
    Exactly so easy to work on, if they had to remove the AT that would only be an extra half hour or so....but.... is it causing problems, got a leak or whatever? because if it isn't can't see the point of a "service".
    Might as well wait until it has to be stripped for reblueing or replacement, cost me £45 for a new carbine cylinder earlier this year just before Debens took over so probably dearer now.

If it's working OK and not leaking then leave well alone. There is nothing that a service can do that will improve it. You just risk something going amiss and you fork out hard earned cash.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

All my pcp servicing and work in general,is done by dm80, Dave mercer, based in farworth. His prices would laugh at your quote, don't pay it. Not sure about the blueing but sure it would be cheaper than replacing.

Servicing

I also use Dave mercer for repairs, servicing as do several club members.

A general service on a S400 reseal and set up etc even at gunshop shouldn't cost more than around £85 your quote of £150 is way over the top.

Dave.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

He does all my servicing and repairs. If Dave says 'around £85' then thats what it SHOULD be.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sounds like they don't want the bother of doing it so have given a high price rather than just say NO.