Thread: COAL - 204 Ruger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Its not just the recoil from the 243, its the burnt power smoke that drifts up in front of the n/v, some times i see the shot strike some times i dont -----tend to listen for the impact sound.

Dave (warbucks)
    Theoben Rapid MK1 177
    AA S410 22
    Bushnall Scout Range Finder
    Hawk 3 x 9 x 40 m.a.p scopes
    Deben mini pro lamping system

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    Its not just the recoil from the 243, its the burnt power smoke that drifts up in front of the n/v, some times i see the shot strike some times i dont -----tend to listen for the impact sound.

Dave (warbucks)

Listening for impact sound i:e a pop, is ok but it can make the same sound on a complete miss when the bullet hits soft ground.

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post

Dave (warbucks)
    Maybe try a cleaner burning powder? Have never really had an issue with this in any calibre with and NV.

Juts a thought too, when your barrel burns out on the .243 a rebarrel to a slow twist .22-250 for £700-900 then the world is your oyster, 69 gr TMK out of a 1:9 22-250 is gong to be good medicine for any fox.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal1 View Post
    Listening for impact sound i:e a pop, is ok but it can make the same sound on a complete miss when the bullet hits soft ground.
    I had this last week, head shot a rabbit, got on to a second 30 yards behind, lights out (battery went on IR with recoil) but exactly same sound, thought it was 2 for 2 but scan with the thermal and the second is running up the hill so the strike into the soft ground mimicked the head shot sound.
    Thanks for looking