Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
Hi Brickhill.
I was a long time before i started reloading, 223, and 243, but im glad i did.
With the 204r lots of people are happy with the 32g Hornady v-max, sort of most make seem to shoot them accurately, you talk about 4225 fps, this might be what it says on the box but chances are unlees you have a 24-26" barrel it wont be doing this speed, this doesn’t make it wrong though.

Ive read about 39/40g v 32g bullets, and i think its owt after 150yd+ the heavier bullet retains more speed and ft lb due to its superior bc, so in most cases this is the better option.

It is said that some 204's wont shoot the 40g Hornady v-max but will shoot the 39g blitz kings, the thing is with reloading you can alter the powder charge and seating depth to make "most" bullets accurate, and example of this is my Tikka in 223, it has the worst grouping of all the bullets ive tried with Factory 53g v-max (fantastic bc of .290) but with the same bullet head home loads sort of go through the same hole, mine is like "Elliotts" it like the long seating depth.

Dave (warbucks)
Those 53gr V-Max are a lovely bullet, Dave. Shot hundreds of those reloads through my 223.

Clocking about 3,250fps out of my T3 Varmint with Vhit 135. Not exactly fast because of the short barrel, but 1/4 MOA. Good out to 400 yards.