Thread: Hawker panorama ir issues

Hawker panorama ir issues

I recently purchased a panorama 4-12x50ao of this forum in very good condition I tested it and all worked as it should......well I went to use it today and noticed the ir function had stopped working so I'm guessing the rheostat is knackered.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really falling out with hawke as my last one a vantage+ came loose inside the ao bell and obviously wouldn't hold zero.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I recently purchased a panorama 4-12x50ao of this forum in very good condition I tested it and all worked as it should......well I went to use it today and noticed the ir function had stopped working so I'm guessing the rheostat is knackered.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm really falling out with hawke as my last one a vantage+ came loose inside the ao bell and obviously wouldn't hold zero.

Thanks.
    Er....stating the blindingly obvious,but have you left the battery on and let it run down!

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C. View Post
    Er....stating the blindingly obvious,but have you left the battery on and let it run down!

Steve C.
    Hi that did occur to me so I tried the battery out of my car key fob which worked perfectly fine in the fob but wouldn't power the scope also the battery from the scope worked fine in the key fob so I'm thinking that's not the issue, I will try a new battery but I've got a feeling its more serious than this.

If all else fails I would have a word with your seller. They may have the original invoice and be able to send it back to Hawke to take advantage of their ten year warranty.

The Vantage+ range? I am fairly certain but cannot prove it are in fact QC failures that are bundled with mounts and sold at a disccount.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    If all else fails I would have a word with your seller. They may have the original invoice and be able to send it back to Hawke to take advantage of their ten year warranty.

The Vantage+ range? I am fairly certain but cannot prove it are in fact QC failures that are bundled with mounts and sold at a disccount.
    Hi the seller didn't have the box so I'm presuming no receipt but worth a shot I suppose bud, and that's interesting I never knew that it was a 3-9x40ao and seemed exactly the same scope as a fastmount it lasted probably a tin maybe a tin and half before something came loose but it always seemed funny as it resonated loudly from the end bell which I've read about on here.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Mine didn't come wth mounts and has a lifetime warranty.
    I'm pretty sure I think, that it also had a wider FoV, a different reticle option not available on the standard vantage range and a slightly different obj. outer dia. (-1mm)

So I don't think this is right...

I believe they dropped some of the range because it nearly mirrored some of the Panorama range with the significant price difference torpedoing their own sales

Yes sorry mine wasn't the vantage that was like the panorama it was the budget model that followed on from the sports hd anyway I've tried a new battery in the scope cleaned all contacts and nothing so it looks like I'm done with hawke as the last two have both had issues and I don't think I can be that unlucky that it's just mine.

On a plus note hawke customer services have gone above and beyond and are sending me a new battery cover today foc which is very good but I want a scope to be dependable and that's not what I've found with the last 2

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Hi that did occur to me so I tried the battery out of my car key fob which worked perfectly fine in the fob but wouldn't power the scope also the battery from the scope worked fine in the key fob so I'm thinking that's not the issue, I will try a new battery but I've got a feeling its more serious than this.
    Are they the same battery button batteries come in different voltages so a mostly dead battery might still work something requiring lower voltage

Buy a new correct battery & try that before blaming anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Are they the same battery button batteries come in different voltages so a mostly dead battery might still work something requiring lower voltage

Buy a new correct battery & try that before blaming anything else.
    Yes of corse they are the same battery mate I'm not a doilem Ive built some circuit boards for various other hobbies so I know the importance of correct voltage as too much would simply make the led's draw too much current and burn out.

The battery that it takes and my car fob are cr2032 and I've tried a new one not long ago with the same result so it's not looking good I suppose the bright side is the scope still works and has some very nice glass so it's not as bad as the reticle shifting but still I thought o got a bargain and it's not to be.... Maybe next time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Mine didn't come wth mounts and has a lifetime warranty.
    I'm pretty sure I think, that it also had a wider FoV, a different reticle option not available on the standard vantage range and a slightly different obj. outer dia. (-1mm)

So I don't think this is right...

I believe they dropped some of the range because it nearly mirrored some of the Panorama range with the significant price difference torpedoing their own sales
    You're thinking of the Vantage Max maybe?, I'm refering to the Vantage + (plus) or Fastmount as they are called this model year.

The Vantage Max, of which I have a few, is a very good scope and I can understand it putting a dent in the sale of the Panorama.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    You're thinking of the Vantage Max maybe?, I'm refering to the Vantage + (plus) or Fastmount as they are called this model year.

The Vantage Max, of which I have a few, is a very good scope and I can understand it putting a dent in the sale of the Panorama.
    I was... Didn't know there was a + version