Thread: Wow! What price a Haenel 28R pistol?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Wow! What price a Haenel 28R pistol?

It is a strange fact that some German airguns are rarer in Germany than other countries, thanks to the German priority for exporting, but I never thought it was this extreme. A savvy British collector (not me unfortunately) decided to put his rather nice Haenel 28 repeater up for auction on eGun rather than use a UK auction house. It has recently sold for 2010 euros (currently £1816 and rising daily at the moment)! http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=7193403

Wow, I have collected 3 of these in the US all within one year after I retired. I had a German citizen contact me wanting to buy one, saying they were very rare over there. I have seen several ads printed in the US from the 1930’s-40’s for the 28-R. Both implied that it was the only model 28, that the company imported, though one imported a whole line of Haenel rifles and pistols, see below. Collecting is funny, after collecting 3 in one year I have not seen any others, since? And it took me a while to find a Standard 28?

Another ad in a Shorting Goods Catalog, showing only the Haenel 26 and the 28 repeater though the pic is the 28?

These Haenel’s got me hooked of blued milled airpistols. What followed was a further collecting of Webleys.

Last edited by 45flint; 10-12-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    It is a strange fact that some German airguns are rarer in Germany than other countries, thanks to the German priority for exporting, but I never thought it was this extreme. A savvy British collector (not me unfortunately) decided to put his rather nice Haenel 28 repeater up for auction on eGun rather than use a UK auction house. It has recently sold for 2010 euros (currently £1816 and rising daily at the moment)! http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=7193403
    I’m fairly sure we sold one at Holts last year for £1600 or so

Rare airguns are making a fortune at auction right now
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    I’m fairly sure we sold one at Holts last year for £1600 or so

Rare airguns are making a fortune at auction right now
    The ones I bought over here two years ago averaged $350?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    The ones I bought over here two years ago averaged $350?
    Send me a couple at that money
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Send me a couple at that money
    Wonder how much the current barriers to free movement of airguns has affected these prices? Be ironic if the US is the best source for these guns?

Got one of these, not in as good nick as the picks but pretty OK and working, I am amazed at these values.

If I knew how to post a pic here I would but being and old fogy when we couldn't I do not know how.
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    l sold one at the September fair at Kempton for £425 it had very little bluing left on it, and the repeter tube would not hold the ball/pellets but it had a very tight action.