Thread: Optically centering ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Optically centering ?

I recently sold a scope (sidewinder) that I was using with no problems whatsoever on my HMR , I ended up selling the scope when I got a new delta titanium it was taken straight off my HMR and put into the sidewinder box and delivered (well padded and wrapped by one of my works vans that were in the buyers area) I got an e mail from the buyer a couple of weeks or so later telling me he could not sight the scope in at 25yds due to it shooting 5" left and the windage being at max adjustment , I replied that I had been using it sighted in at 60yds with no problems and it may be worth him reversing the mounts , I then got an e mail from paypal telling me the buyer had lodged a not as described claim , then the buyer came back telling me he had tried the mounts and it made no difference and as far as he was concerned the windage adjustment is not working (the buyer now claiming to be a member of a police tactical firearms unit with 30 years experience of setting up scopes ) , after a few more e mails were exchanged paypal upheld the buyers claim and told him to return the scope to me, it just arrived here at my work and as I wont able to test it out till the weekend I tried the "mirror method" of centering the reticle that I read about a few years ago , the ret was quite a way over to the right and the windage turret was at the max setting but I had no problems centering the reticle using the mirror , is it safe to assume that the scope is probably ok ?

I would say yes ,its the method I use and proved too be right. trouble with distance selling and paypal. your on a hiding too nothing if the buyers a total nob .I feel for you but its what happens sometimes . sorry.paul.

Quote Originally Posted by billywhizz1 View Post
    I would say yes ,its the method I use and proved too be right. trouble with distance selling and paypal. your on a hiding too nothing if the buyers a total nob .I feel for you but its what happens sometimes . sorry.paul.

Yes I have got a feeling this is probably just a case of "buyers remorse" or he has got a bent barrel , I have never had a problem with paypal before but as soon as they have refunded the bellend I am going to be closing my account with them.

Quote Originally Posted by jdk1 View Post
    Yes I have got a feeling this is probably just a case of "buyers remorse" or he has got a bent barrel , I have never had a problem with paypal before but as soon as they have refunded the bellend I am going to be closing my account with them.

yep confirms my prev suspicions re Pay Pal

I would not think anything is wrong with your scope.
    Not everyone can set up a scope properly if it doesn't sight in first go.

What is the mirror method?