Thread: HW50S .177/TX200 mk3 spring

HW50S .177/TX200 mk3 spring

Experimenting with springs in my new Versandhaus 50s. Came with 7.5j spring which shoots lovely, managed to get it up to 8 ftIb with this spring and a modified tbt kit with 3 washers, obviously a bit harsher but nice.

Tried a TX200 mk3 spring and gave 803 fps with jsb rs.... not bad shooting cycle but I am used to my tuned Prosport/HW97

Currently back at 6.5 ftIb with 7.5j spring coz it is so nice 😆

No gaulling at all, really like the little gun.

Glad you're loving it; lovely little guns.

Obviously you're loving its firing manners at lower power and if this output is suiting your needs there's nothing wrong with just enjoying it as it is.

That reading with the TX spring is equating to 10.5ft.lbs. If you were fancying upping the power from its current 6.5, it may be worth trying some different pellets to see what the little rifle is most efficient with (it might well be your current RS) and then reducing the TX spring length a little to get the output and its firing charcteristics just where you want them. Most .177 99s/modern 50s do seem happy at around the 10.5 mark.

Keep enjoying.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by rlancast View Post
    Currently back at 6.5 ftIb with 7.5j spring coz it is so nice 😆

Here in good old Germany we are restricted to shoot 7,5 Joule. When You are used
    to the lower power You esteem the soft recoil and with a little bit of training You manage
    to hit small targets up to 25/30 meters.

I have both, spingers with 12 and 6 ftlbs tuned and untuned and the older I become
    the more I like the relaxed 7,5 Joule rifles. Only talking about .177 as .22 and 6 ftlbs
    are no friends

Quote Originally Posted by Luftgewehr100 View Post
    Here in good old Germany we are restricted to shoot 7,5 Joule. When You are used
    to the lower power You esteem the soft recoil and with a little bit of training You manage
    to hit small targets up to 25/30 meters.

I have both, spingers with 12 and 6 ftlbs tuned and untuned and the older I become
    the more I like the relaxed 7,5 Joule rifles. Only talking about .177 as .22 and 6 ftlbs
    are no friends
    Not a few BBS people, having witnessed the ultra-smooth and forgiving firing cycle and pinpoint accuracy of the HW30S, have remarked how nice it would be to have a FT / HFT "side shoot" affair, 30 yards max and reduced kill zone sizes. It would be great fun and show off the lighter, ultra mild-mannered rifles to their best effect.

Bring it on.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I was chatting with Valeboy earlier tonight, and his cracking little hw30 came up in conversation... great wee guns.. deadly accurate with superdomes!
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not a few BBS people, having witnessed the ultra-smooth and forgiving firing cycle and pinpoint accuracy of the HW30S, have remarked how nice it would be to have a FT / HFT "side shoot" affair, 30 yards max and reduced kill zone sizes. It would be great fun and show off the lighter, ultra mild-mannered rifles to their best effect.

Bring it on.......
    At one of our clubs rounds of the UKAHFT one of the 'more senior' club members decided to shoot the course using a HW30 with open sights for a giggle. When he came upon a target at approx 35 yards he told several he would be happy just to hit the knock down silhouette. Struth! He dropped it.
    The '30 and '50 are very underrated guns.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Marvellous.

I have recently got a 99 in 177, which was running right up near the limit from the start. I got it for the mpl & 10m shooting, so have been slowly reducing power & it is currently just under 9, but has got twangy, accuracy is good though.
    On Saturday i decided to get another 99 in 22 this time for work, i have a gardening business & occasionally do a bit of pest control, & shooting rats close up with a 177 80 & 95 pellets were zipping straight through them. So got the 22 but power is very poor & inconsistent, the spring is the lame length as the 177 one, & i have removed 2 coils & compressed that slightly.
    I have a tx spring so might try that in mine, it will be interesting, i'm after mid 10's & i'll be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Not a few BBS people, having witnessed the ultra-smooth and forgiving firing cycle and pinpoint accuracy of the HW30S
    HW30S very popular here