Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever thought 'That is one ugly gun'.....

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    I wonder what the three runners up looked like?

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    I think this every time i open an Airgun world magazine, most modern air rifles are ugly to me! One reason i havent bought one for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    Yep. I know what you mean.

I assume for some models it's a case of function over form. For others it just seems to be 'how do we keep the costs down''. Both are fair targets to be honest - depending on the manufacturers objectives.

Then again ugly is a different thing to different people.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I agree,modern PCP's are pretty grotesque in the main.
    I would concur with the above, to me, the majority of PCPs are ugly - function over form, but, again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    If I wanted to hit the bull 5 times out of 5 at 30 yds - I would choose a PCP, so they certainly have their place, but for me, the whole experience is obtained by shooting rifles, some of which are older or as old as me. If I don't even hit the bull in 5 shots - it's probably more down to me than the rifle!

Each to their own as they say!

There are some ugly springers too!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.