Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever thought 'That is one ugly gun'.....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Talking Ever thought 'That is one ugly gun'.....

...and then found yourself with a niggling want or getting one later either on it's own or to complete a collection?

(I could cite my nemesis, but someone has just put one up for sale and I don't want to jinx it for them)

Actually, someone's bought it - so I can reveal it's the half-finished munter that is the Webley Premier MkII and I really, really don't want one - but....

Haven’t bought one, heard they are not that great a Chinese rifle but what’s not to love?

I refer the honourable gentleman to a reply I gave earlier.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....22#post7609922
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Haven’t bought one, heard they are not that great a Chinese rifle but what’s not to love?

I had one of those, it shot like it looked.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    ...and then found yourself with a niggling want or getting one later either on it's own or to complete a collection?

(I could cite my nemesis, but someone has just put one up for sale and I don't want to jinx it for them)

Actually, someone's bought it - so I can reveal it's the half-finished munter that is the Webley Premier MkII and I really, really don't want one - but....
    I specifically go out of my way to find the ugly ones. Fwiw johnbaz has the all time munter in his collection.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I specifically go out of my way to find the ugly ones. Fwiw johnbaz has the all time munter in his collection.

Dave
    its not old shity its new shity as the old ones are very good

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think every aspect of that Chinese rifle is wrong. Pistol grip angle wrong, bare cheek on freezing metal cylinder wrong, fore-stock attached directly to barrel wrong, its a mess of horrible.

In terms of ugly, if I saw a Diana Series 70 Model 71 nearby for an ok price I would buy it, but the nearest one I have seen is at Protek and that is way down on the south coast so its safe from me.

It is an ugly-ish rifle with a deep fore-end and a thick layer of bland sauce over a heart of ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think every aspect of that Chinese rifle is wrong. Pistol grip angle wrong, bare cheek on freezing metal cylinder wrong, fore-stock attached directly to barrel wrong, its a mess of horrible
    I know. But about a year ago I think I put a low bid on a variant of that at auction (I at least thought about it). Just for spits and giggles. It kind of reminded me of an early SA80, only worse.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

OMG

Is that from the "dark web"? should it be sent back?, no idea if it's any good, but it's certainly not a pretty gun, perhaps it has a great personality?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post

Funnily enough I have always felt that way about the MK11 Premier,but have just got one,(very cheaply) solely because it's the only over lever Webley pistol I've never had.

The Webley MK1 rifle actually makes me feel a bit nauseous when I see pics of it,unless I was to stumble on one for a few quid they will always be absent from my collection!

This reminds me of the more regular looking side lever rifle imported by Titan a few years ago. The side lever had no anti bear trap.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quite regularly, but the one that comes to mind is the (1st series) HW100
    ATB,
    yana

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    I think this every time i open an Airgun world magazine, most modern air rifles are ugly to me! One reason i havent bought one for years.

Quote Originally Posted by keith66 View Post
    I think this every time i open an Airgun world magazine, most modern air rifles are ugly to me! One reason i havent bought one for years.
    Yep. I know what you mean.

I assume for some models it's a case of function over form. For others it just seems to be 'how do we keep the costs down''. Both are fair targets to be honest - depending on the manufacturers objectives.

Then again ugly is a different thing to different people.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thumbs up

Flint- That's a beauty compared with this beast (Beauty and the beast!! )..

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/