Thread: Webley service mk2

Webley service mk2

Hi all,
    I have just acquired a webley service mk2 air rifle to add to the collection and use but it is missing a couple of parts if anyone can help it would be great.
    It is missing the breech screw handle and the trigger gaurd screw.
    I would be grateful if I can get drawings and maybe the type of thread that they have so I can make them.
    The serial number is s1367

Any help is much appreciated
    James
    PARKER HALE Phoenix mark 2 number 9, Parker Hale striker, Webley Vulcan MK2, alros trailsman crosman 2200

Hello. Do you mean the vertical guard screw or the horizontal rear one?
    Have this in bits so can measure up if it helps

That would be a great help if you could,
    It is the horizontal rear gaurd screw mine is missing and has been sheared off in the past as there is a small piece left in the thread that I need to drill and repair

James
    PARKER HALE Phoenix mark 2 number 9, Parker Hale striker, Webley Vulcan MK2, alros trailsman crosman 2200

There are some blueprint drawings on my sig. site for the breech lock assy., but I don't appear to have any for the trigger guard screw.
    That's a second series you've got hold of which appears the most difficult to acquire.

Thanks very much for replying with the breech assembly drawings that is very much appreciated.

James

Sorry for delay. Swamped by chores. Will get at it first thing tomorrow.

I make it 7/32" X 48 tpi so BSW methinks. PM me for a solution or two

Thanks for the reply deejayuu that is also very close to a 6ba thread too which is 47. 9tpi and would be in keeping with the age of the rifle.
    The rifle is in 5.6 flavour and I am now thinking of getting a. 177 barrel that is a original replacement and trying bell target shooting with the old gal once I have finished it.

Odds on it's 6 BA then. Never thought of that.

The screw thread is 6ba managed to check it with my tap today once I had drilled the broken bit out without damaging the thread.

Result!You have PM