Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sterling airguns

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    A shame they went tits up I liked the look of what they were trying to produce. Surprised that TBb said that after all I’m sure he was happy taking their money when working for them.
    Agreed, the Webley Service copy looked very nice and PCP also though I gather prices were way up there
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Agreed, the Webley Service copy looked very nice and PCP also though I gather prices were way up there
    The prices were silly money. They were asking £1400-£1500 for basically a park rh93 copy. Although it was fitted with a gas ram and not springs as per the park, but still that is just silly money for a springer when you are getting close to daystate sort of money. And their prices are stupid as we all know!

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    The prices were silly money. They were asking £1400-£1500 for basically a park rh93 copy. Although it was fitted with a gas ram and not springs as per the park, but still that is just silly money for a springer when you are getting close to daystate sort of money. And their prices are stupid as we all know!

I sort of understand your point about price BUT--and it is a very big BUT-the way Whiscombe prices have gone since John packed up has made people think that maybe the right price for 'quality and quirky' is higher than the market thinks at present.
    Also how much would you expect to pay for a Venom Varminter/Mamba etc and I don't need to remind you that they are based around a standard platform? I think there would be considerable demand for a high end self powered air rifle be it a single stroke pneumatic, gas ram or spring powered. After all (relatively) plain and simple PCP designs sell for over a grand these days and there is something special about a rifle being self powered rather than relying on a compressed air source.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I sort of understand your point about price BUT--and it is a very big BUT-the way Whiscombe prices have gone since John packed up has made people think that maybe the right price for 'quality and quirky' is higher than the market thinks at present.
    Also how much would you expect to pay for a Venom Varminter/Mamba etc and I don't need to remind you that they are based around a standard platform? I think there would be considerable demand for a high end self powered air rifle be it a single stroke pneumatic, gas ram or spring powered. After all (relatively) plain and simple PCP designs sell for over a grand these days and there is something special about a rifle being self powered rather than relying on a compressed air source.
    then why is my park only worth £550 then nick? its a walnut thumbhole and in stunning condition. and if you put it side by side with that ugly duckling they were gonna sell my park looks stunning in comparison! fact is they looked far to quirky for most tastes. and the price new was far to high for a springer base fitted with a ram or not. johns guns command high prices as they are in limited numbers and have a big following. i prefer my park to a whiscombe as its a tenth the price and 4-5k for an air rifle is just rediculous!

arnie2b Guest

then why is my park only worth £550 then nick? its a walnut thumbhole and in stunning condition. and if you put it side by side with that ugly duckling they were gonna sell my park looks stunning in comparison! fact is they looked far to quirky for most tastes. and the price new was far to high for a springer base fitted with a ram or not. johns guns command high prices as they are in limited numbers and have a big following. i prefer my park to a whiscombe as its a tenth the price and 4-5k for an air rifle is just rediculous!
    Holts have a park for auction at £1400ish tomorrow

Let’s see how that goes.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Is that the one that didn't sell last time, but the 2 Whiscombes in the same auction sold for 3k+ including?
    Not sure, looked ambitious to me but you never know
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Park in sale at Holts.

This rifle is the one that didn't sell last time, and as was pointed out to the auctioneer the rifle was overestimated and that the information published was wrong.
    It is not a prototype as listed and there were more than 400 produced, as I myself have two in the 700 range and have seen one with a four figure number.
    Someone at Holts needs to do their homework, true value is between four and five hundred pounds, the last one I bought cost me 400 and was in .177.
    The difference between a Park and Whiscombe is both in numbers produced and quality.
    One is handmade with only 400 available and the Park was produced in greater numbers, maybe 1500 or so.
    HTH 😊

Quote Originally Posted by oldcurmudgeon View Post
    This rifle is the one that didn't sell last time, and as was pointed out to the auctioneer the rifle was overestimated and that the information published was wrong.
    It is not a prototype as listed and there were more than 400 produced, as I myself have two in the 700 range and have seen one with a four figure number.
    Someone at Holts needs to do their homework, true value is between four and five hundred pounds, the last one I bought cost me 400 and was in .177.
    The difference between a Park and Whiscombe is both in numbers produced and quality.
    One is handmade with only 400 available and the Park was produced in greater numbers, maybe 1500 or so.
    HTH 😊
    do you honestly believe though that the whiscombe is worth £2500+ more than a park though? and as for quality the park is not to far away from a whiscombe. maybe a better bluing ect. also most of the whiscombes have to be double cocked also!

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Can’t believe tony b is back at daystate he said on one of the videos on YouTube that when they launched the mk3 they had it in the tank and in the pond it did not work after they got it out the water Evan though they told everyone it did and he talks about many other problems with products that have been covered up so many lies they tell the public it’s not a pop at tony b but he seems to promote anything hope this don’t offend it’s not meant to

Which vids mate do you have a link please.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    Holts have a park for auction at £1400ish tomorrow

Let’s see how that goes.
    PMSL

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    my park looks stunning in comparison! fact is they looked far to quirky for most tastes
    They wern't 'too quirky' for most tastes.

Fact is they are very heavy for a 12 fpe rifle, the trigger is sub-Rekord standard and they are inefficient which results in a heavy cocking effort. In addition they are not easy to work on.

The heaviness and hard cocking might be overlooked if they were spectacularly accurate, but the fact of the matter is that a TX200 will exceed the Park in this area, and you can do alot more practice with the TX before you get tired.

The Park came out as direct spring competition to the PCPs and unsurprisingly lost.

Unhappy

[QUOTE=WILBA;7611122]do you honestly believe though that the whiscombe is worth £2500+ more than a park though?

Yes

[QUOTE=Big Seth;7611380]
    do you honestly believe though that the whiscombe is worth £2500+ more than a park though?

Yes

[QUOTE=Big Seth;7611380]
    do you honestly believe though that the whiscombe is worth £2500+ more than a park though?

Yes
    then you have far to much money to waste mate.