Thread: HW 75 why such low power?

HW 75 why such low power?

Whilst the HW 75 gets very good reviews it only seems to be putting out about 3ftlbs, the latest Webley can develop over 5ftlb and also gets good reviews.

I have no experience of these pistols and am only quoting what I have read. Are Weihrauch being left behind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl2 View Post
    Whilst the HW 75 gets very good reviews it only seems to be putting out about 3ftlbs, the latest Webley can develop over 5ftlb and also gets good reviews.

I have no experience of these pistols and am only quoting what I have read. Are Weihrauch being left behind ?
    What do you want a pistol for? If it's for target shooting, the 75 is pretty good and at 10m range for example, doesn't need 'power'.

My prejudice makes me bias towards Weihrauch with a perceived life long back up. Webley appear to offer a range of powers to suit all requirements in a quality product at a lower price. I would be surprised if the 75 could not be re engineered to offer the same potential and appeal to a greater market. I would buy one immediately.

Obviously if plinking a can around in the garden is all that is required of it then I agree its fine for that but I think it is a shame that we have to put up with a recoiling version if we want to do anything other than this and 10M.

Anyone know if Alecto spares (standard) are freely available?

I may be wrong but I think I read that the hw45 was first designed by Beeman as the p1. Weihrauch chose to put in a spring as it was pneumatic to start and so was born the HW45 as we know it. If you want power go for the HW45, if you want to do 10m target the 75 is fine. There is now the 45 star versions too with spring and target grip.

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    My HW75 is putting out 2.5 ft/lbs but if I want to repeatedly hit a paper target reliably - it can't be beat!

I have an Alecto too, which due to it's optional power is more fun for plinking, but watch the flip out for those ricochets!
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Hi,
    It’s because it’s a single stroke pneumatic.
    They always have a lower power but are virtually recoiless so can be extremely accurate.
    To get up to 4ftlbs in a SSP you need a very large swept volume like a FWB100, Walther LPM1 or a Baikal MP46. These are target pistols though and very different beasts to the HW75.

Matt.
    Last edited by ptdunk; 05-02-2019 at 04:13 PM.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl2 View Post

Nope, that's enough for what it's designed for. Very accurate and a trigger to die for.

hw75

i have the hw75,,,,,its a fantastic gun,,,,,would i like the exact same gun with the choice of 6fb,,,,,,,,,,hell yes,,,,,one pump for targets and 3 for tin can bashing at a bit further distance,,,,,,job done

HW 75's

Quote Originally Posted by GRAZY View Post
    I may be wrong but I think I read that the hw45 was first designed by Beeman as the p1. Weihrauch chose to put in a spring as it was pneumatic to start and so was born the HW45 as we know it. If you want power go for the HW45, if you want to do 10m target the 75 is fine. There is now the 45 star versions too with spring and target grip.
    Beeman is not a manufacturer. They rebrand and distribute. HW {Weirauch manufactures the HW 45 and others.
    My HW 75's get 420 and 450 fps. respectively.
    You could try shimming the breech seal slightly.

My 75 is amazingly accurate and also around the 3 ft lb level. One thing to remember is that feet per second to ft lb is not a linear power curve. E.g: An 8.4 grain pellet produces 3 ft lb at 401 feet per second and 11.35 ft lb at 780 feet per second. So in actual fact 401 feet per second for a target pistol is actually plenty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    Beeman is not a manufacturer. They rebrand and distribute. HW {Weirauch manufactures the HW 45 and others.
    My HW 75's get 420 and 450 fps. respectively.
    You could try shimming the breech seal slightly.
    Oooooops....I'm thinking HW70 ! sorry. My 75 is about 410 fps. also. Plenty for plinking.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    My 75 is amazingly accurate and also around the 3 ft lb level. One thing to remember is that feet per second to ft lb is not a linear power curve. E.g: An 8.4 grain pellet produces 3 ft lb at 401 feet per second and 11.35 ft lb at 780 feet per second. So in actual fact 401 feet per second for a target pistol is actually plenty!!
    Hey Mike,

I knew you had the '40 but didn't realise you also had the '75.

Would you be so kind as to bring it to The Bash, pretty please?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Got two FAS 604, lucky if you get 3 ft.lb. out of them, my Baikal 46 and 46M got just under 4. The 46M has a slightly longer chamber to scrape about 3.88 ft.lb.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD