Thread: Help!!

Help!!

The Webley Venom Viper I have groups very poorly.
    I suspect that the baffles and O-rings inside the built in silencer and barrel shroud are the cause of the problem.
    As there is a distance of about five and half inches between the end of the Lothar Walther barrel and the moderator which screws into the barrel shroud there are a series of spacers/barrel stabilisers, O-rings and baffles which I suspect are fitted in the incorrect sequence and it probably has some O-rings missing in this area, but I am not sure what the sequence they should fit together or what if anything is missing.
    Would any of you gentlemen have an exploded view or drawing of the Webley Venom Viper that they are willing to scan and let me have a copy of?
    The rifle is in great condition, but it is so inaccurate that it is a waste of time and pellets trying to use it.
    It hold its charge and everything works as it should, but being so incapable of making a half decent group spoils a good and interesting air rifle.

I am afraid I have no knowledge of the correct set up for the baffles etc.

If it were mine I would try to see if it was accurate without the baffles etc. Have you tried removing them and giving it a go?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I am afraid I have no knowledge of the correct set up for the baffles etc.

If it were mine I would try to see if it was accurate without the baffles etc. Have you tried removing them and giving it a go?
    Rich.
    This first then check the old things first ie different pellets and fill pressure--190 bar seems to be what allot use to steady things try a group at close range first --then move out --and check the crown on the barrel this can be polished with a cordless drill and a domed head screw I have used a brass one in the past with cutting compound the fine polish --sounds mad and looks crazy but it works here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oGtLmzfWos

After the original attempt to zero the new scope fitted to my newly acquired 2005 manufactured Webley Venom Viper which produced a group at ten yards of over ten inches in size, it is the largest group that any rifle I have owned has produce when being zeroed.
    After contacting Steve Pope of V-Mach Custom Rifles Ltd. Who designed and made the air rifle for Webley, He was extremely helpful and free with technical information to help me rectify the problem.
    Following Steve’s advice, I eventually traced the cause of the problem that made the rifle perform so inaccurately, was an aftermarket moderator which was misaligned with the barrel shroud causing the pellets to clip.
    Steve recommended that a shorter moderator should be used or the aftermarket moderator fitted should have the size of the holes in the baffles enlarged.
    I took the original aftermarket moderator apart and bored the baffles out from their original diameter hole of 6mm to the much larger 10mm size the increase in the noise level is of no consequence as far as I am concerned.
    After zeroing the rifle the group size produced by the Webley Venom Viper is .700” or 17.7mm at 25 yards.
    In the photograph a 5 pence coin has been place on the target for comparison.

Photograph of target here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/159592...7669156931367/

Quote Originally Posted by Fronteria View Post
    After the original attempt to zero the new scope fitted to my newly acquired 2005 manufactured Webley Venom Viper which produced a group at ten yards of over ten inches in size, it is the largest group that any rifle I have owned has produce when being zeroed.
    After contacting Steve Pope of V-Mach Custom Rifles Ltd. Who designed and made the air rifle for Webley, He was extremely helpful and free with technical information to help me rectify the problem.
    Following Steve’s advice, I eventually traced the cause of the problem that made the rifle perform so inaccurately, was an aftermarket moderator which was misaligned with the barrel shroud causing the pellets to clip.
    Steve recommended that a shorter moderator should be used or the aftermarket moderator fitted should have the size of the holes in the baffles enlarged.
    I took the original aftermarket moderator apart and bored the baffles out from their original diameter hole of 6mm to the much larger 10mm size the increase in the noise level is of no consequence as far as I am concerned.
    After zeroing the rifle the group size produced by the Webley Venom Viper is .700” or 17.7mm at 25 yards.
    In the photograph a 5 pence coin has been place on the target for comparison.

Photograph of target here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/159592...7669156931367/
    Great result mate anyone would be pleased with that group ATB have a good one