Thread: Help!!

Help!!

The Webley Venom Viper I have groups very poorly.
    I suspect that the baffles and O-rings inside the built in silencer and barrel shroud are the cause of the problem.
    As there is a distance of about five and half inches between the end of the Lothar Walther barrel and the moderator which screws into the barrel shroud there are a series of spacers/barrel stabilisers, O-rings and baffles which I suspect are fitted in the incorrect sequence and it probably has some O-rings missing in this area, but I am not sure what the sequence they should fit together or what if anything is missing.
    Would any of you gentlemen have an exploded view or drawing of the Webley Venom Viper that they are willing to scan and let me have a copy of?
    The rifle is in great condition, but it is so inaccurate that it is a waste of time and pellets trying to use it.
    It hold its charge and everything works as it should, but being so incapable of making a half decent group spoils a good and interesting air rifle.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    try it without all of the baffles etc first, to make sure you aren't barking up the wrong tree...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

This can be a problem on the webley viper the shround is very thin and easily bent especially the front forwards to were it's screwed to the end of the cylinder.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    This can be a problem on the webley viper the shround is very thin and easily bent especially the front forwards to were it's screwed to the end of the cylinder.

Dave.
    Hi. Dave
    I have an 24" engineers straight edge which I have used to check the odd barrel for a bend, so I will check the shroud for being bent with it, I never gave it a thought that the shroud might have a bend in it.
    Thinking about it you are spot on in your diagnoses, a 14" barrel inside a 19" shroud plus a moderator at 8.5", the total length of shroud and moderator is 27.5" almost twice the length of the barrel it isn't going to take much of a bend before the pellets are clipping the baffles either in the shroud or the moderator.
    As you say there is 14" from the where the shroud is screwed to the air cylinder to the end of the moderator, giving plenty of leverage on the shroud mounting point if the air rifle is dropped or knocked.
    I guess this is why this air rifle given to me as the previous two owners couldn't hit anything with it.
    I will let you know if I manage to rectify the problem without destroying the air rifle.
    Thanks Dave