Thread: BSA barrel interchangeability?

BSA barrel interchangeability?

Not sure if there’s a simple or definitive answer to these questions, but here goes...

Are BSA cadet and cadet major barrels interchangeable?

BSA Mercury - do any other bsa models fit without modification?

Looking for options on some projects, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

I have a Meteor barrel on a Mercury and as far as I know the Supersport and Lightning barrels fit as well.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I have a Meteor barrel on a Mercury and as far as I know the Supersport and Lightning barrels fit as well.

All the best Mick
    Thanks Mick. Should be some options available on the bay of e, I’ll have a browse.

Cheers

Steve.

Saw a late model Meteor fitted with a Lightning barrel and moderator,the owner claimed it was a straight swap.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Yep your all correct, I have interchanged Lightning/Supersport/Mercury barrels between the same models with out issues, the only problem you may encounter is the slot that the cocking lever fits into can be different widths, so you may have to jiggle the little washers about to get them to fit.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Yep your all correct, I have interchanged Lightning/Supersport/Mercury barrels between the same models with out issues, the only problem you may encounter is the slot that the cocking lever fits into can be different widths, so you may have to jiggle the little washers about to get them to fit.

Pete
    Cheers Pete, should make finding a .177 barrel simpler.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    Mercurys and meteors up to mk5 have wider slots in the barrel than the supersport/lightning mk6/7 meteors. If you can machine the slots out a bit, modern barrels fit on the older guns too.