Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So what unusual rifles are to trying to find for next year?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

So what unusual rifles are to trying to find for next year?

Hi all,

Just thought as it's coming up to another new year, what unusual rifles people are thinking of buying or are trying to find to add to their collection in 2019?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well, not unusual, but bound to get harder to find over the years, Pete.......If budget allows I really ought to have one of those lovely, early LJ / BSA underlevers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Not rare,but I often get the urge to look for an Eclipse in .177.The aluminium cylinder eventually always puts me off,though,but I don't know if it really should.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, not unusual, but bound to get harder to find over the years, Pete.......If budget allows I really ought to have one of those lovely, early LJ / BSA underlevers.
    I know what you mean Tone, I suppose I'd better try and get an Airsporter mk1 or 2 whilst they are still cheap enough and are still around.

I'm going to have to try and find a Webley Longbow as well, I turned down one a little while ago because of lack of funds and one I found locally last week was sold the day before, when I went to buy it.

Oh and the usual Diana 34 120th Anniversary edition I bang on about, if one ever becomes available.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

A Crosman 118 and a Sheridan Super Grade Model A would be nice
    If this question can be extended to paperwork as well, then: a Webley Service Rifle Mk2 manual.
    And the "Hints on air rifle shooting" by Mr. Morton.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    When I meant unusual, I didn't want the usual barrage of HW's and TX's mentioned (although I have just left myself open to a few sneaky HW99 taunts)

But I suppose I can except the mention of a obscure HW35 or something (I must be mellowing)

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 14-12-2018 at 06:33 AM.

A LJ Bsa Standard (long Tom ) .22 cal, and a Fwb 300s ,fingers crossed the last one is a goer.
    Les..

Not entirely sure why, but I have an urge to own a little bsa Merlin. I’m sure it will be disappointing but I’ll have to get it out of my system.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Not rare,but I often get the urge to look for an Eclipse in .177.The aluminium cylinder eventually always puts me off,though,but I don't know if it really should.
    Totally with you and another one that I'd have to consider. Maybe an Omega, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I know what you mean Tone, I suppose I'd better try and get an Airsporter mk1 or 2 whilst they are still cheap enough and are still around.

I'm going to have to try and find a Webley Longbow as well, I turned down one a little while ago because of lack of funds and one I found locally last week was sold the day before, when I went to buy it.

Oh and the usual Diana 34 120th Anniversary edition I bang on about, if one ever becomes available.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    When I meant unusual, I didn't want the usual barrage of HW's and TX's mentioned (although I have just left myself open to a few sneaky HW99 taunts)

But I suppose I can except the mention of a obscure HW35 or something (I must be mellowing)

Pete
    Mmmm.......suppose this was never going to be an "easy, one gun" affair. So, yes, an early Airsporter and a Longbow for me, too. And a 35 Export and Luxe to go with my standard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    A LJ Bsa Standard (long Tom ) .22 cal, and a Fwb 300s ,fingers crossed the last one is a goer.
    Les..
    Hoping it all works out, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Not entirely sure why, but I have an urge to own a little bsa Merlin. I’m sure it will be disappointing but I’ll have to get it out of my system.
    I can entirely understand the attraction. One of the first two air rifles I ever shot. Lovely, sleek lines. I understand the build is a little flimsy in certain areas, but respectfully owned and used it'd be a lovely little sweetie from yesteryear.

got most of the things on my want list now although I am still after a Theoben Scirocco Prometheus and A Genuine Venom Lazaglide 77K varminter all I seem to be find are lazaglded 80's!!!, other than that I am about there I think...……...

Again not unusual but trying to re-own the rifles of my youth, just bought a beautiful Airsporter MK2 and will be looking for a Super Meteor/Scorpion Pistol/Mercury in the New Year when funds allow, no more half measures though I will find mint examples of all if I can

Seriously thinking about a BSA RB2 Stutzen, if one can be found at e reasonable price.