Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what unusual rifles are to trying to find for next year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35

So what unusual rifles are to trying to find for next year?

Hi all,

Just thought as it's coming up to another new year, what unusual rifles people are thinking of buying or are trying to find to add to their collection in 2019?

Cheers

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Well, not unusual, but bound to get harder to find over the years, Pete.......If budget allows I really ought to have one of those lovely, early LJ / BSA underlevers.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Not rare,but I often get the urge to look for an Eclipse in .177.The aluminium cylinder eventually always puts me off,though,but I don't know if it really should.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Not rare,but I often get the urge to look for an Eclipse in .177.The aluminium cylinder eventually always puts me off,though,but I don't know if it really should.
    Totally with you and another one that I'd have to consider. Maybe an Omega, too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I think they are rare in .177 especially in K format.

I have been looking for a .177 K mk2 for years.

I have a .22 K mk2 and it shoots loverly bang on the limit on totally standard internals.
    Master Debater

Craig-P,

I hunted with this for almost fifteen (15) years - 1955 BSA 12/15, with Sako moderator - a lovely rifle

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

If a nice Original/Diana 66 came up for sale not far from me I would be interested. I would even go for one that needed a reseal providing all the other mechanical bit were OK. I don't shoot competition but just fancy owning a very interesting rifle like this. But maybe the 'wanting' is a joy in itself: the anticipation of finding one locally ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Craig-P,

I hunted with this for almost fifteen (15) years - 1955 BSA 12/15, with Sako moderator - a lovely rifle

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

Yours is in far better condition than mine currently is, Russ.
    Lovely rifle, mate - I知 really looking forward to getting mine in a similar configuration to yours.
    Best, Craig.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Well, not unusual, but bound to get harder to find over the years, Pete.......If budget allows I really ought to have one of those lovely, early LJ / BSA underlevers.
    I know what you mean Tone, I suppose I'd better try and get an Airsporter mk1 or 2 whilst they are still cheap enough and are still around.

I'm going to have to try and find a Webley Longbow as well, I turned down one a little while ago because of lack of funds and one I found locally last week was sold the day before, when I went to buy it.

Oh and the usual Diana 34 120th Anniversary edition I bang on about, if one ever becomes available.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

A Crosman 118 and a Sheridan Super Grade Model A would be nice
    If this question can be extended to paperwork as well, then: a Webley Service Rifle Mk2 manual.
    And the "Hints on air rifle shooting" by Mr. Morton.

A LJ Bsa Standard (long Tom ) .22 cal, and a Fwb 300s ,fingers crossed the last one is a goer.
    Les..

Not entirely sure why, but I have an urge to own a little bsa Merlin. I知 sure it will be disappointing but I値l have to get it out of my system.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post
    Not entirely sure why, but I have an urge to own a little bsa Merlin. I知 sure it will be disappointing but I値l have to get it out of my system.
    I can entirely understand the attraction. One of the first two air rifles I ever shot. Lovely, sleek lines. I understand the build is a little flimsy in certain areas, but respectfully owned and used it'd be a lovely little sweetie from yesteryear.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    A LJ Bsa Standard (long Tom ) .22 cal, and a Fwb 300s ,fingers crossed the last one is a goer.
    Les..
    Hoping it all works out, Les.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hoping it all works out, Les.
    Yeah cheers Tone
    You would definitely fill your boot's at the Kempton Fair regarding any thing BSA Webley or any thing vintage.
    Les..
    PS
    I have just got myself a lovely light pattern BSA from the Kempton bash,we will be wacking the bell target with it in April for sure..
    Les..