Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So what unusual rifles are to trying to find for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I can entirely understand the attraction. One of the first two air rifles I ever shot. Lovely, sleek lines. I understand the build is a little flimsy in certain areas, but respectfully owned and used it'd be a lovely little sweetie from yesteryear.
    I agree, they are dinky little rifles and, as you say, need to be treated with some care are nice to look at and are fun to use -- I have 3 -- one boxed with a scope in mint condition (thanks lenweb) another in excellent condition and one in poor condition which I was screwed on!

The gun I lust after is the Howa 55G CO2 rifle.

I lust after the Howa,too!

I’m back into powderburners at the moment and with the help of ISP will be building up my BSA Martini 1215 into something resembling this:
    http://revivaler.com/wp-content/uplo...burn-Bee-1.jpg
    Other than that, I’ll be joining Les and Tony in the quest for a Long Tom with a flip up tang sight
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    I’m back into powderburners at the moment and with the help of ISP will be building up my BSA Martini 1215 into something resembling this:
    Other than that, I’ll be joining Les and Tony in the quest for a Long Tom with a flip up tang sight
    Hi Craig
    That Martini is real stunner.
    I saw a nice gun at the Kempton Fair that looked similar to the Martini rifle,but with out the sexy wood stock that you have in the photo.
    There were lots of BSA standard (long tom) and other types at the Kempton fair, I will probably be going to the March event .
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hoping it all works out, Les.
    Yeah cheers Tone
    You would definitely fill your boot's at the Kempton Fair regarding any thing BSA Webley or any thing vintage.
    Les..
    PS
    I have just got myself a lovely light pattern BSA from the Kempton bash,we will be wacking the bell target with it in April for sure..
    Les..

Saw a video doing the rounds on FB of a recoilless break barrel from Norinco, i'd like to see one & have a shoot

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Craig
    That Martini is real stunner.
    I saw a nice gun at the Kempton Fair that looked similar to the Martini rifle,but with out the sexy wood stock that you have in the photo.
    There were lots of BSA standard (long tom) and other types at the Kempton fair, I will probably be going to the March event .
    Les..
    Hello mate, the woodwork on my Martini at the minute is ‘challenged’ to say the least but I’ve found a company that does repro stocks in a variety of different woods and styles.
    These Martinis can be picked up for pennies but I’m yet to find a more accurate .22lr, plus they’ll run all kinds of ammo. I love them.
    If I can make the March event I’ll give you a shout - but the new addition is expected end of Feb/early March so I may be on early starts...
    Keep well, mate.

That's very nice Craig! Didn't Venom do something similar at one point?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Theoben Dual Magnum on ticket
    “An airgun or two”………

Hello mate, the woodwork on my Martini at the minute is ‘challenged’ to say the least but I’ve found a company that does repro stocks in a variety of different woods and styles.
    These Martinis can be picked up for pennies but I’m yet to find a more accurate .22lr, plus they’ll run all kinds of ammo. I love them.
    If I can make the March event I’ll give you a shout - but the new addition is expected end of Feb/early March so I may be on early starts...
    Keep well, mate.
    It would be great to see you,if you could make it.
    I hope everything is going great guns for you and your's and best wishes for the big event .
    Atb
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    That's very nice Craig! Didn't Venom do something similar at one point?
    Yes mate, they used to chop a BSA Martini International MK3 down to around a 13 inch barrel and modify the stocks a bit, they were very nice.
    We built something similar many years back

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL44.../137262684.jpg

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Not rare,but I often get the urge to look for an Eclipse in .177.The aluminium cylinder eventually always puts me off,though,but I don't know if it really should.
    I think they are rare in .177 especially in K format.

I have been looking for a .177 K mk2 for years.

I have a .22 K mk2 and it shoots loverly bang on the limit on totally standard internals.
    Master Debater

Craig-P,

I hunted with this for almost fifteen (15) years - 1955 BSA 12/15, with Sako moderator - a lovely rifle

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

If a nice Original/Diana 66 came up for sale not far from me I would be interested. I would even go for one that needed a reseal providing all the other mechanical bit were OK. I don't shoot competition but just fancy owning a very interesting rifle like this. But maybe the 'wanting' is a joy in itself: the anticipation of finding one locally ....
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    If a nice Original/Diana 66 came up for sale not far from me I would be interested. I would even go for one that needed a reseal providing all the other mechanical bit were OK. I don't shoot competition but just fancy owning a very interesting rifle like this. But maybe the 'wanting' is a joy in itself: the anticipation of finding one locally ....
    Cheers, Phil
    Oddly enough I'm picking a minter of a 66 up this weekend.
    And just about to strip and reseal a 75
    B.A.S.C. member