Thread: Tx200 / Prosport service kit

Tx200 / Prosport service kit

The latest Airgun World, Jan 2019, just arrived. It contains an article on servicing a TX200. I enjoy such articles and was surprised to see that it mentioned an Air Arms Service Kit for the TX ... Master Service Kit MSK3. I had never heard of such a kit but for those wishing to service their rifle it seems to contain everything they need... mainspring, bearings, piston seal, breech o rings, spring guide, top hat / weight and lubrication oil/grease. All for a very reasonable price. I assume the same kit works for the Prosport as well. The kit is an official Air Arms product.
    The article does give a source of the kits, (Julian Bond, AirArmspares) but you seem to have to know that the kits exist or you won't find them as there is no mention in the parts list that they are for the TX (and presumably the PS as well). But careful thought could lead you to the correct conclusion as the kit is offered in a few guises as Mk1/2 or 3, presumably referring to the Mk of the rifle.
    I began to wonder if AA are missing a trick in not letting it be more widely known that these kits are available, especially as they are such good value.
    Cheers, Phil
    PS (no not ProSport) I have no connection with AA other than owning a couple of their products.

They were definitely available years ago, didn't know they still did them
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Also available for S4*0 rifles.

Full kit for servicing from Julian.

IIRC.
    Master Debater

Hi Phill

If I remember correctly, it was early 2016 that I did an almost identical feature for Airgunner magazine, and mine included a full trigger tune and the fitting of a V-Mach kit.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    Hi Phill

If I remember correctly, it was early 2016 that I did an almost identical feature for Airgunner magazine, and mine included a full trigger tune and the fitting of a V-Mach kit.

Neil
    Hi Neil ... you are quite correct. Indeed I think you have covered the TX and PS in various editions of AG. I have them all, neatly filed away; thank you. I guess I am just a sucker for such information... but they are very handy for when someone on the BBS wants the strip information because I can send them a copy ... am I allowed to reveal that?
    Cheers, Phil

Glad you enjoyed the article Phil.
    You are right the kit is not widely advertised, I was fortunate to have it at the game fair, the only other place Ive seen it was with Julian Bond.
    Its a really good idea, everything in one go, including instructions, I think AA really need to push these.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi Neil ... you are quite correct. Indeed I think you have covered the TX and PS in various editions of AG. I have them all, neatly filed away; thank you. I guess I am just a sucker for such information... but they are very handy for when someone on the BBS wants the strip information because I can send them a copy ... am I allowed to reveal that?
    Cheers, Phil
    Of course you are mate. The reason I write these is to help fellow air gunners.

Neil
    Current airguns:- Steyr LG110: Steyr LP10: Air Arms HFT500: Weihrauch97 fully customised.

Quote Originally Posted by u.k.neil View Post
    Of course you are mate. The reason I write these is to help fellow air gunners.

Neil
    Thank you Neil. I only wish I had your dedication to detail with taking photos etc. Please don't stop.
    Happy Christmas,
    Cheers, Phil