Thread: Fwb600

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Didn't you sell a LG90 Bob?
    I thought you showed me a laminated match rifle the other month?
    I'm new to this match rifle stuff, so I'm probably wrong

I didn't even know the difference between SSP and PCP until a few weeks ago LOL
    I do rather like my close range paper punching and bell ringing
    Hi Rob,

You are right- I have recently sold a lovely LG90 with an Ambi stock.

I still have a really nice right handed LG90 and a right handed LGM-1 as well as a right handed Junior (LGM-2) version that I have used in the MPL series last year. I am definitely a Walther enthusiast - they are about as close as you can get to a hand finished match air rifle these days!

It is a shame that age dictates that I need to gradually reduce my collection and so I will be (very reluctantly - and slowly!) selling them - but they will each be very sadly missed!

I also have a nice collection of PCP Walther match rifles too and I use these every week at the club. My LG300XT Carbontec is my main rifle since I sold my Blue LG300XT Anatomic, but I also make sure that I "exercise" my other Walther PCP match rifles too and my recent Anthracite LG400XT Anatomic will no doubt become my "go-to" rifle when I have got it set-up the way I want it.

The laminated stock rifle picture I sent to you would probably have been my blue/red/green laminated stock Feinwerkbau P70 - a PCP match rifle.

Yes I do still have some Feinwerkbau match rifles too!

The (now "old school") P70 is a fairly "dated" design compared to the current crop of relatively "lithe" PCP match rifles, but they are still pin-point accurate and shoot far better than this pensioner can achieve these days. I have a red alloy P70 that I have set-up as a Supported Air Rifle and with "possibles" only ever spoilt by "old age wobbles" they are both the ultimate SARS rifle as far as I am concerned. The laminated stock P70 variant "feels" a lot lighter and is more manageable too !

I also have an FWB P800X as well and enjoy shooting that now and again. IMHO it is as just about as close as FWB have ever come to "feeling" like a Walther - but is is NOT a Walther!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-12-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.