Thread: Fwb600

Fwb601

Hi Guys,

I've got a wanted in the wanted, but I've not always found that part of this forum to be all that responsive.
    If anybody knows of a really nice FWB601, 602 or 603 going, I'm interested.
    Obviously must be in very good condition, all working and nothing chopped off or 'adapted'.
    I will travel for the right rifle!

Thanks

Rob.
    Last edited by MrChipShoulder; 14-12-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Hi Rob

I think Fultons at Bisley have one, can't remember how much but it was on the wall the last time I was in there.

Thank you for that, I've just rung them and they sold it last Tuesday.
    The guy had no idea what the price was.
    Pity, cos I'd be in my car right now on my way to Bisley if it was still there !

The search keeps going.

Take a look at the Walther SSP rifles (of similar age) if you get a chance to see one as they are every bit as good - some would say better!

I have owned and enjoyed the 603 and 601 rifles but the last types of the Walther SSP I thought were better engineered - but there is not much in it !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Shame

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Now bought a Walther SSP
    Zooma was only joking.

Quote Originally Posted by nickm marshall View Post
    Zooma was only joking.
    Nah - Rob has made a good choice

Hello to All,

The Walther LGM1 is a fine rifle.

My Walther LG90 is still the most accurate rifle I have owned.

I have always been on the lookout for a Walther LG210 - the last of Walther's SSPs.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by PhatMan View Post
    Hello to All,

The Walther LGM1 is a fine rifle.

My Walther LG90 is still the most accurate rifle I have owned.

I have always been on the lookout for a Walther LG210 - the last of Walther's SSPs.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ
    +1 for the LG90 - an incredibly good SSP match rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    +1 for the LG90 - an incredibly good SSP match rifle.
    Didn't you sell a LG90 Bob?
    I thought you showed me a laminated match rifle the other month?
    I'm new to this match rifle stuff, so I'm probably wrong

I didn't even know the difference between SSP and PCP until a few weeks ago LOL
    I do rather like my close range paper punching and bell ringing

Can't wait for Marks LGM to get here, even more so taking it to my bell club and seeing if I can earn some extra points and help my team out. I've only been twice as I only joined two weeks ago, but so far with a gun that was set-up for 10 and had to be adjusted there and then on the fly, I shot 59, and last week after some proper zeroing, I got 61. I did rush one shot as I thought I was taking too long and hit a 7 so next time with the Walther I'm taking my time and going for 70

Quote Originally Posted by MrChipShoulder View Post
    Didn't you sell a LG90 Bob?
    I thought you showed me a laminated match rifle the other month?
    I'm new to this match rifle stuff, so I'm probably wrong

I didn't even know the difference between SSP and PCP until a few weeks ago LOL
    I do rather like my close range paper punching and bell ringing
    Hi Rob,

You are right- I have recently sold a lovely LG90 with an Ambi stock.

I still have a really nice right handed LG90 and a right handed LGM-1 as well as a right handed Junior (LGM-2) version that I have used in the MPL series last year. I am definitely a Walther enthusiast - they are about as close as you can get to a hand finished match air rifle these days!

It is a shame that age dictates that I need to gradually reduce my collection and so I will be (very reluctantly - and slowly!) selling them - but they will each be very sadly missed!

I also have a nice collection of PCP Walther match rifles too and I use these every week at the club. My LG300XT Carbontec is my main rifle since I sold my Blue LG300XT Anatomic, but I also make sure that I "exercise" my other Walther PCP match rifles too and my recent Anthracite LG400XT Anatomic will no doubt become my "go-to" rifle when I have got it set-up the way I want it.

The laminated stock rifle picture I sent to you would probably have been my blue/red/green laminated stock Feinwerkbau P70 - a PCP match rifle.

Yes I do still have some Feinwerkbau match rifles too!

The (now "old school") P70 is a fairly "dated" design compared to the current crop of relatively "lithe" PCP match rifles, but they are still pin-point accurate and shoot far better than this pensioner can achieve these days. I have a red alloy P70 that I have set-up as a Supported Air Rifle and with "possibles" only ever spoilt by "old age wobbles" they are both the ultimate SARS rifle as far as I am concerned. The laminated stock P70 variant "feels" a lot lighter and is more manageable too !

I also have an FWB P800X as well and enjoy shooting that now and again. IMHO it is as just about as close as FWB have ever come to "feeling" like a Walther - but is is NOT a Walther!
    Last edited by zooma; 18-12-2018 at 12:20 PM.