Thread: Is there a gun club that could do with a scope?

Is there a gun club that could do with a scope?

Hi All

I have a scope that is surplus to requirements that came in a recently purchased rifle.

It's just a nikko sterling mountmaster 4-12 x 50 ao but it's in great condition and comes with mounts.

Is there a gun club that could do with it for juniors or beginners?

If so, can you pm me details of your club and I'll get it sent off on a tracked delivery. No charge.

Cheers
    Rob

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Top man, a kind offer.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Can I take this please?

I've got them one in the past, but another will be most welcome, I'll get their details to you.

Thanks

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Can I take this please?

I've got them one in the past, but another will be most welcome, I'll get their details to you.

Thanks

James
    Off to Scotland it is.

Thanks Rob

Just for a bit of background - most will know with the air gun legislation in Scotland it hit a lot of casual users, and there is very little in the way of clubs up there, so trying to get full bore clubs interested and to accept air guns is a good inroads for everyone in the sport. The club it's going to have a few beaten up air guns, and a friend and I have donated a scope previously and let them use a couple of out guns to try and get them interested - slowly slowly catchy Monkey!

Once again thanks to Rob, it will be greatly received.

James

Lovely gesture, Rob.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks Rob

Just for a bit of background - most will know with the air gun legislation in Scotland it hit a lot of casual users, and there is very little in the way of clubs up there, so trying to get full bore clubs interested and to accept air guns is a good inroads for everyone in the sport. The club it's going to have a few beaten up air guns, and a friend and I have donated a scope previously and let them use a couple of out guns to try and get them interested - slowly slowly catchy Monkey!

Once again thanks to Rob, it will be greatly received.

James
    i have a 6x40 unbranded as new scope and a 4x32. both working ok. yu can have these for free also if you want buddy. anything to help get others in you our sport. 4x32 has single strap mounts. the 6x40 does not have mounts but you are welcome to both free of charge. regards. chris

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    i have a 6x40 unbranded as new scope and a 4x32. both working ok. yu can have these for free also if you want buddy. anything to help get others in you our sport. 4x32 has single strap mounts. the 6x40 does not have mounts but you are welcome to both free of charge. regards. chris
    Thanks very much for the kind offer, I have spare mounts so can add these for them FOC, the few they currently have are just past their best - several years ago, even at 25m they don't hold zero on the spring guns, so happy to bin them as we get replacements.

I'll PM you details of where to send them

Thanks

James

Thanks very much for the kind offer, I have spare mounts so can add these for them FOC, the few they currently have are just past their best - several years ago, even at 25m they don't hold zero on the spring guns, so happy to bin them as we get replacements.

I'll PM you details of where to send them

Thanks

James
    Hi James

I have a Tasco 3-9x50 AG Japan made scope here that is not cosmetically great (scratches and crimped tube ) but its very clear . I used it for years on my Annie .22lr . No mounts .

I respect the way your trying to help Scottish Airgun shooters. I would like to donate this scope to you for your quest.

I wont be able to post it it until the new year .

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Hi James

I have a Tasco 3-9x50 AG Japan made scope here that is not cosmetically great (scratches and crimped tube ) but its very clear . I used it for years on my Annie .22lr . No mounts .

I respect the way your trying to help Scottish Airgun shooters. I would like to donate this scope to you for your quest.

I wont be able to post it it until the new year .

Paul
    Fantastic Paul

I'll pass you the details by PM, condition is not crucial, and they don't have great guns, but at 25m indoors they are getting their heads turned by my mate and I onto air guns.

It all started earlier this year when we were looking for a club near his home - I'm originally from the same village and visit half a dozen times a year, but the whole Scottish legislation stopped me taking my guns to him, so now he brings his to me - although I bought them all for him in the first place ironically!

The club is now beginning to take air guns a bit more seriously since they have had a go of a Daystate Pulsar and a MK4is, both with good scopes, so now some of the members want to try air guns without having to buy them, but what they have is very basic, and was putting a lot of them off because they had no idea just how good a modern PCP was - and it has definitely put the cat among the pigeons.

One other point, being Scottish, and I can say that because I am , they often just shoot say 30/50 rounds due to cost, whereas a tin of 500 pellets is £8 and an air fill probably works out at 30p

So thank for all the support on this, it's a small club with a lot of older users, but my mates daughter is only 14 and now shoots both there and at the Air Cadets, so it's got to be a good thing.

James