Thread: Slavia 630

Slavia 630

First time I have seen one and quite impressed with the quality. Was wondering if any members out there have experience of one of these ? Very well built with solid machined parts, piston surface is ground on the two bearing diameters. The spring is quite long at 37 coils (3mm) but this one had collapsed in length. Fitted new spring, slightly shorter but power was not high due to the polyurethane seal was slightly worn. Think I should turn a groove in it to fit an O ring to increase compression.

Baz

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I had a shoot with TonyL's Slavia at the Boinger bash, can't remember model no ,but the gun had a lovely firering cycle and top power. I was most impressed .
    Les..

Kids

Fantastic rifles ,my girls were all taught shooting with one 630 mod 77,accurate as hell too . Czechs havnt forgot how to make dam good weapons.
    Love the rear safety ,Solid build.bit under powered but dead easy to cock.

These are really well engineered air rifles and very accurate too. The 630 is the more basic model similar to the 631 which has a barrel breech lock, heavier ‘target’ style stock and adjustable trigger... the 631 I have in .177 (perhaps they’re all .177) fettled by Shed Tuner is an absolute gem and certainly one of my favourite rifles.
    The 634 (that Tony L has) is larger, more powerful and they’re all .22 as far as I know.

Not sure if they’re still in production, though.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, the 631 was pretty solid, just needs the port sleeving down which transformed the shot cycle
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

The 631 was my first air rifle, liked it then and like it now!

Never had one, but never heard anything but good about them.

A real “sleeper”.

I suspect a lot of shooters have never heard of them, and when they encounter one bracket them with Relums and B2s, whereas they are more like a decent Haenel 303, quality-wise, and almost certainly better.

I suspect they are a worthy inexpensive rival to an HW30S and far far better than most modern springer offerings around the 6-7 ft-lbs mark.

I have only had a go with Tony's 634 model and you wouldn't think it was running at 11+ FT/lbs,such was the mild fireing cycle.
    You don't see them come up for sale to often.
    Les..

Yep, lovely rifles.

Very impressed with the build, ease of strip and accuracy. They don't have that "solid" feel of some rifles, but the build is certainly tough enough.

My 634 did twang one hell of a lot when I first got it and Mr Bum made me a top hat and guide. Lovely now. As others have said, very mild cycle yet full power.

And, Les, you have a very special CZ Slavia based special.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!