Thread: Bushnell Elite 3200 scope ?

Bushnell Elite 3200 scope ?

Years ago I had a 10x40 tactical one for HFT. Are they still good enough today, or have modern scopes overtaken them ? I am torn between this and a MTC Viper 10x40 or Mamba Lite

Thanks, Mike

A Bushnell Elite will be a lot better than the modern offerings from MTC (In my humble opinion).

All of the above.

Thumbs up

I'd go bushnell as well

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I have the EVX fixed 10. On mine the glass is at least as good as on my 3200. The AO and multu aim point reticle makes it a more usable scope for me
    Pete

Use whatever suits your eye & that you get on with.

I think the Edgar Brothers 10x42 is hard to beat, Japanese glass, say no more atb Daz

Mmmm I’d forgotten about the Edgar brothers. I guess I’m just wondering if I should go with one of the older ones that I know, or go for a newer one that should be better. If the actually are ... The range i shoot at seems pretty much all high mag stuff so I don’t think I’ll get much chance to try stuff out before buying.

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 Tactical and a MTC Viper 10x44 IR SF - SCB. The 3200 is very good and the perfect size for my HW77 as it leaves plenty of space to load the pellets. To my eye both are very clear but the MTC is slightly 'brighter' and 'crisper'. For competitions I prefer the scb reticle of the viper as the mildots on the elite can be a bit overbearing and obscure the kills zones above certain ranges. Ultimately its a personal choice.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Thanks for all replies 👍 I ended up with a used Optisan 10x44 IRS figuring it’s the closest new scope to the elite. Off to the range to give it a try 😀

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Use whatever suits your eye & that you get on with.
    THIS.

I have had the 3200 fixed 10 and liked it. Didnt like the ret though.
    The MTC new series glass is damned good and the ret is superb if your brain gets on with ladder rets.
    But if your eye likes it...your eye likes it and thats a good part of the battle.

If its a 3200 then it may have been a reparralaxed so a big ol O ring and some vaseline in the gap would be a good idea.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill