Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightweight cylinder HW 100 carbine recommendation

Lightweight cylinder HW 100 carbine recommendation

I am planning to replace the original cylinder of my HW100KT. Looking for an affordable lightweight tube.

- A+M cylinder, well known, no valve fitted keeping the tube pressurized when unscrewed, bit more expensive
    - Fenton cylinder 283266679414 which weighs only 224 g and has valve
    - Rat Works cylinder 323597515671, 400 g with valve

My favorite is Fenton, lowest price and lowest weight. Anyone has experience with these 3 models?

Don’t invest into big mods of an old gun, buy a different caliber a kozak or taipan instead. Will bring you more joy!

Have a look on Blackpool air rifles Facebook page .
    They advertised one back in November .

rgc_swanseaARC is offline He's not the Stig,,,He's the Stig's Welsh cousin
    Have a look at hw100tuning.co.uk
    Their titanium cylinder is the one to have. Either with or without the optional reg.
    Stronger and lighter than aluminium and without the need for inspection every 20 mins to check its not going to kill you ��
    Advantage is it also retains the factory look and fits stocks like it should.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Theoben TTR1 .177, Steven B Blue/Grey Laminate Stock, Nutshot Mod, Hawke Sidewinder 10x42 Tac IR
    Daystate Pulsar. 177, Donny FL Sumo Mod, Pard NV008LRF

Quote Originally Posted by rgc_swanseaARC View Post
    Have a look at hw100tuning.co.uk
    Their titanium cylinder is the one to have. Either with or without the optional reg.
    Stronger and lighter than aluminium and without the need for inspection every 20 mins to check its not going to kill you ��
    Advantage is it also retains the factory look and fits stocks like it should.

Regards,
    Rhys
    Just had a look on their web page and they've sold out of everything. I think there's a waiting list for cylinders, although I could be wrong.

I have the A&M cylinders two of them in fact and they have been ok .
    This year one started leaking so sent it off to A&M to sort out , when it came back still leaking ,off it went again then get a phone call saying the tube had split due to over filling ,Which never happened on my part ,but A&M are good and sent me a brand new cylinder back free of charge

i have a@m cylinder and had no probs. atb mick

A club member and friend bought this off that there internet web auction site brand new for his HW100. On the first fill, after fitting his spare ends, at 150 BAR it split from top to bottom. He was lucky not to lose his hand. After he had come back from the toilet he rang the supplier. From what I gather they tried to tell him, an ex engineer, that he had over filled it. He got a refund. Motto: Buyer beware. Cheap isn't always best.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Had a look for lighter cylinder for my hw100kt and went for the Ratworks one , tbh I thought the weights were very misleading as I think some were for the tube and some for the complete assembly , all I could deduce were they came in half the weight of the hw cylinder

Thanks for the replies.

Nobody here having experience with the Fenton and Rat Works cylinders?
    I don't want to spend more than 200/250 quids for titanium or V-Mach tubes...

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That is bloody scary !
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I have some experience with these as I work for Steve at HW100 Tuning. My response is likely to appear biased and it is due the superior quality of the HW100 Tuning product and also what it brings with it.

Going back to the OP's original question, out of his list the Ratworks is the one to go for, I wont say any more.

The HW100 Tuning product is a whole concept and I've been lucky enough to be there through its inception and ongoing research and design programme. It isn't just a Titanium tube, it's redesigned cylinder ends, different gauge, on board regulator, upgraded inlet valve, pre-chamber, high efficiency valve, AT upgrade, upgraded hammer and valve springs.

Steve isn't one to sit on his laurels and all I can say is there's plenty more in the pipeline.

BM

Quote Originally Posted by Luftgewehr100 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Nobody here having experience with the Fenton and Rat Works cylinders?
    I don't want to spend more than 200/250 quids for titanium or V-Mach tubes...
    The actual tube from HW100TUNING is actually only £160 for a carbine, when you start getting the in tube reg etc it's more money and the one that split is one of the suppliers you mention.
    Last edited by Goatofmendez; 16-12-2018 at 12:36 PM.

what was the make of the tube that split and who sold it. atb mick

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    A club member and friend bought this off that there internet web auction site brand new for his HW100. On the first fill, after fitting his spare ends, at 150 BAR it split from top to bottom. He was lucky not to lose his hand. After he had come back from the toilet he rang the supplier. From what I gather they tried to tell him, an ex engineer, that he had over filled it. He got a refund. Motto: Buyer beware. Cheap isn't always best.

we all know which auction site you refer to, but that needs much more facts to verify the above comments, where bought exactly,an make, an any more info.(even it it is "my mate made it in the shed")
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite