Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight cylinder HW 100 carbine recommendation

Wondering if the biopod screw was not screwed in way too deep into the 8 hitting the cylinder, are there any other marks?

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    Wondering if the biopod screw was not screwed in way too deep into the 8 hitting the cylinder, are there any other marks?
    Never fitted to the rifle. Doesn't use a bipod anyway....

No marks at all on the cylinder; no date of manufacture, nothing ....pristine glossy black surface.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    So the three of us who saw this know that the member it happened to is a skilled engineer of many years standing, and you are suspicious of the posts we have made?? The wall thickness at the point of fracture is less than 3mm.
    Come and have a look if you don't believe us.

Merry Christmas.....
    I can confirm this club member spent most of his working life in engineering from plant machinery to car mechanic. Ive entrusted him to work on my own HW100 with 100% satisfaction and Ive seen him work on several other club members guns successfully.

He didn't even get chance to fit it to his rifle.

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 24-12-2018 at 02:59 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Take it from me that this cylinder had not been abused in any way. The owner was literally just giving it it's initial charge when the incident occured. He is not some novice who doesn't have a clue how to use highly compressed air, and the fact that this is being implied is quite frankly offensive.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

So the three of us who saw this know that the member it happened to is a skilled engineer of many years standing, and you are suspicious of the posts we have made??

Merry Christmas.....
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I can confirm this club member spent most of his working life in engineering from plant machinery to car mechanic. Ive entrusted him to work on my own HW100 with 100% satisfaction and Ive seen him work on several other club members guns successfully.
    ATB
    Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Take it from me that this cylinder had not been abused in any way. The owner was literally just giving it it's initial charge when the incident occured. He is not some novice who doesn't have a clue how to use highly compressed air, and the fact that this is being implied is quite frankly offensive.
    So from the three statements above, and I can get many, many more to substantiate these facts ,can we stop trying to blame this cylinder failure on operator error?

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    Quite frankly i find it offensive that you are implying anyone with questions,ect,should keep there thoughts to themselves an not express an idea,be it right or wrong,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Quite frankly i find it offensive that you are implying anyone with questions,ect,should keep there thoughts to themselves an not express an idea,be it right or wrong,
    I don't think that is what he meant, simply to stop 'implying' the end user with the tube that split was a novice or that he did anything wrong when charging the cylinder
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    I don't think that is what he meant, simply to stop 'implying' the end user with the tube that split was a novice or that he did anything wrong when charging the cylinder
    Nail on head!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quite frankly i find it offensive that you are implying anyone with questions, etc, should keep there thoughts to themselves an not express an idea,be it right or wrong,
    If you take offense so easily after failing to read the post from I. J. when he stated "stop trying to imply operator error" perhaps you should withdraw from this conversation.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

If you take offense so easily after failing to read the post from I. J. when he stated "stop trying to imply operator error" perhaps you should withdraw from this conversation.
    I see, so i can`t take offence but others can,an maybe you need to re-read some of the post, so please don`t give me double standards
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

I see, so i can`t take offence but others can,an maybe you need to re-read some of the post, so please don`t give me double standards
    ‘....but others can ....’ Like who??

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 28-12-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Is his hearing alright? Must have been loud. ��
    Permanent damage is something for the insurance/litigation...

Is his hearing alright? Must have been loud. ��
    Permanent damage is something for the insurance/litigation...
    From what I can gather - and this is only SECOND HAND INFORMATION - dont shoot the messenger (again), he says it was 'bl**dy loud and his fingers tingled'. Now I personally dont know how loud 'bl**dy loud was because I was not present at the time with a decibel meter.

ATB
    Ian

I certainly hope that any "double standards" will not apply if another one fails.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    he says it was 'bl**dy loud and his fingers tingled'. Now I personally dont know how loud 'bl**dy loud was because I was not present at the time with a decibel meter
    Just thinking about this makes me shudder, lucky nothing serious happened to him
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177