Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to fill in the anticlimax of Christmas

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Something to fill in the anticlimax of Christmas

The second part of Ingvar Alm's fantastic airgun collection is now up for sale in the new Rock island Auctions online catalogue here:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/ca...2/?perpage=100 (Lots 4447 to 4533)

It will take you a long time to view all the high quality pictures present, so be prepared to annoy the wife and/or relatives and settle in for a good read on Boxing Day. Also, there are two pages of lots so don't forget to scroll to the second page.

There some real treasures and extreme rarities listed, and one or two surprises.

Apart from the sheer frustration of this sale being on the wrong side of the pond (apologies to all our American members!), I have one or two other niggles with things. What are the thoughts of other collectors?

Fifty nine job lots,how long was the guy collecting

Wow. I think the list of airguns he did not own would be shorter than the list of ones he did.

Merry Christmas, all.

Don’t forget other part of his collection that just sold for nearly a quarter of a million pounds at the previous auction:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/ca...#LotNumber3329

(lots 3281 to 3331).

Wow! Two concentric WRs in one lot.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I've already put my house on the market.....

Wot no Busseys?

'tis xmas day in NZ. Break out the prawns,scallops,salmon,mussels and oysters! I'm a happy chappie.My 53 year old son gave me,a genuine milkshake machine,a carton of ice cream,a bottle of lime syrup and a box of straws!

Being on the right side of the pond can have its frustration as well. Sure wish they didn’t have such large groupings! Not too kind to the average collector! Would love to have an original 1923 Crosman rifle but grouping it with the extremely rare 1924? Yikes Lol. I would have to bid on lots thinking I would then have to break them up later and sell what I didn’t want. Kind of a pain really, bit frustrating.

Bet you see a lot of these guns come out on the auctions sites a month later as dealers break up these large lots for a profit? Does anyone really want to keep 4 Excellent pistols?
    Last edited by 45flint; 25-12-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Sure wish they didn’t have such large groupings! Not too kind to the average collector! .......Bet you see a lot of these guns come out on the auctions sites a month later as dealers break up these large lots for a profit?
    I couldn't agree more. The way things have been bundled together makes it very much an auction for the dealer rather than the collector. Some of those bundles are going to fetch a price way below they could have achieved if broken up. Still, it's their loss ...

Hard to believe he didn’t have a Brown pistol? Or maybe there will be a third installment?

Hard to believe he didn’t have a Brown pistol? Or maybe there will be a third installment?
    I know of one collector who bought rarities from Ingvar Alm before he died, so perhaps this was the case with a Brown?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hello,

Wow! After regaining the power of speech, I can only wonder at the number of extremely rare British spring powered air pistols listed here. Westley Richards Concentric, (2) a nearly full range of Titans (1 cased), Lincoln Jeffries etc. The Anson Star really caught my eye though due to its apparent condition and completeness with what looks to me to be the correct pellet seater. Presumably the estimates are well below what will be realised when these items are sold, although the firearm estimates look fairly realistic. Maybe this reflects the comparative disinterest in air guns in the US. or it could be I haven't yet fully recovered consciousness from last night's celebrations.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...del-air-pistol
    Anson Star

https://www.rockislandauction.com/de...stol-with-case
    Cased Titan

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 25-12-2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    I couldn't agree more. The way things have been bundled together makes it very much an auction for the dealer rather than the collector. Some of those bundles are going to fetch a price way below they could have achieved if broken up. Still, it's their loss ...
    Exactly,beg borrow or steal and get bidding,sell on what's not needed and let it pay for what you desire.

It could upset traders though.

There is a Brown there -- Lot #4528, not identified as such by the auctioneers, and bundled in with two Hammerli's. If that lot goes for the estimate someone is going to get a real bargain !

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    There is a Brown there -- Lot #4528, not identified as such by the auctioneers, and bundled in with two Hammerli's. If that lot goes for the estimate someone is going to get a real bargain !
    I saw that after I posted above