Thread: Webley & Scott Service Chrome or Nickel plated as new

Webley & Scott Service Chrome or Nickel plated as new

I have a chrome/nickel plated Webley Service rifle in unused condition, anyone know a value for it as I cant find another old one like it and I was told it was made as a Special gift for someone? any ex Webley worker know anything about it, but a value would be good thanks I can send pics if you contact me as this site is not easy to use for uploading pics

Quote Originally Posted by mrvbull View Post
    I have a chrome/nickel plated Webley Service rifle in unused condition, anyone know a value for it as I cant find another old one like it and I was told it was made as a Special gift for someone? any ex Webley worker know anything about it, but a value would be good thanks I can send pics if you contact me as this site is not easy to use for uploading pics
    There is this one on micksguns.com, apparently from the collection of the late Geoffrey Boothroyd:

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There is this one on micksguns.com, apparently from the collection of the late Geoffrey Boothroyd:

mine is all chrome/nickel as new inc barrel, but i only have the one how do you upload pics to this as it is annoying that i cant do it easily?

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Hi does it have a serial number on the barrel and trigger block ?

Here are photographs as received of the plated Service:

Last edited by Troubledshooter; 16-12-2018 at 11:38 PM.

That’s a strange looking piece for a factory job, there’s what looks like pitting under the plate and no one in the trade would plate the open sights or screws and pins?

Then again one of the cylinder images has lettering that looks nice and sharp on the RHS but blurred from a buffer on the left?

Is it actually documented as a factory job?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Not that it affects anything,but I would say from the pictures that this is almost certainly a nickel plated gun rather than chromed.

(If you wanted to be sure you can buy an inexpensive colour test kit for identifying nickel. Apparently much used for checking if meteorites are genuine or not.)

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Not that it affects anything,but I would say from the pictures that this is almost certainly a nickel plated gun rather than chromed.
    I thought the same but it could be the flash giving the nickel tint?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    That’s a strange looking piece for a factory job, there’s what looks like pitting under the plate and no one in the trade would plate the open sights or screws and pins?

Then again one of the cylinder images has lettering that looks nice and sharp on the RHS but blurred from a buffer on the left?

Hi l have to agree with you Richard about the stampings as you say sharp on the one side buffed on the other. are there any serial numbers stamped on it? which l would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post

I have no paperwork or anything im pretty sure its nickel and not chrome as I have a couple of nickel plated airguns and 99% sure thats what it is if it was easy to put pics up on here i would take more in the day i just want to know a rough price as may sell or trade it in, but ive had it quite a while and dont mind leaving it on the wall

I have no paperwork or anything im pretty sure its nickel and not chrome as I have a couple of nickel plated airguns and 99% sure thats what it is if it was easy to put pics up on here i would take more in the day i just want to know a rough price as may sell or trade it in, but ive had it quite a while and dont mind leaving it on the wall
    You have to first load pictures to a hosting site then copy the url to here. If you want to post any more just send them as before.

if it was easy to put pics up on here i would take more
    It's not hard! Try Imgur... https://imgur.com/
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I've received two messages regarding this gun which is nothing to do with me, I am the original "vbull" with no MR.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.