Thread: Can I preload a drop in gas ram?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Space in inbox now, Pete.

If your Brocock holds a special place in your heart, Pete, maybe worth pursuing other options.

My Gamo, however, will only be getting tweaked on a budget in keeping with its overall demeanor. It does actually impress in quite a few areas and doesn't seem pellet fussy and it's clobbered the 75 yards Quigley Bucket at The Bash a fair few times. Firing cycle, as previously mentioned, is very mild.

Quickie question, if you know.....if fitting a piston sleeve, can it come to the back of the piston or would this interfere with the sear notch? I'm sure this has been asked on the forum in the past, but can't remember the outcome.

If the finish on the standard guide is good, as per above, I'll most likely just go down the suitable spring and top hat route.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I fitted a ram (Theoben awt) to my Vulcan.. I used electrical tape to fit it to the ID of the piston. I don't think you can preload, not by a lot anyway, it's not a spring. While a spring will go coilbound, the ram just stops if the maximum pressure is reached.. remember, gasses are treated like liquids.
    The instructions for fitting the old awt rams called for it to be fitted just touching, so it didn't rattle back and forth, and so that maximum working compression is reached without 'going solid

Don't ask me how it shoots, I need to resize the Aussie seal I fitted at same time.. it's only doing 8fpe.
    Donald

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Space in inbox now, Pete.

If your Brocock holds a special place in your heart, Pete, maybe worth pursuing other options.

My Gamo, however, will only be getting tweaked on a budget in keeping with its overall demeanor. It does actually impress in quite a few areas and doesn't seem pellet fussy and it's clobbered the 75 yards Quigley Bucket at The Bash a fair few times. Firing cycle, as previously mentioned, is very mild.

Quickie question, if you know.....if fitting a piston sleeve, can it come to the back of the piston or would this interfere with the sear notch? I'm sure this has been asked on the forum in the past, but can't remember the outcome.

If the finish on the standard guide is good, as per above, I'll most likely just go down the suitable spring and top hat route.
    I don't think a sleeve will interfere with the sear notch but if it does then all you'd have to do is just cut out a little square of the sleeve so the sear doesn't touch it.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I don't think a sleeve will interfere with the sear notch but if it does then all you'd have to do is just cut out a little square of the sleeve so the sear doesn't touch it.

Pete
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!