Thread: Parker Hale silencer?

Parker Hale silencer?

I have a Parker Hale silencer, marked ‘made in England list no.mm2’.

It’s empty but I have what I think are the baffles for it.

Can anyone tell me anything about this? All the baffles are steel so does that mean it’s a powder burner silencer or were all Parker Hale silencers like this.

I got it with a a recent purchase of a bsa mercury, which it fits as a slip on, so I guess it will fit most bsa barrels with the normal foresight unit.

If pics would help I’ll sort some out.

Tia

Steve

i have an original parker hale mm2. yes there are steel baffled inside them normally,and they also come with an alignment tool. mine is the screw on type though. where yours sounds like it is designed for an air rifle if it is a push on.mine if registered can be used on a fac .22cal LR rifle. but once registerd they are fac for life. hope the info helps. chris

Used to have one on a Titan Bearcat, years ago.
    Very effective.
    Contained a series of crimped (right word?) washers as baffles.

Originally made for .22LR, a modified, improved (baffles rather than curved vanes), derivative of the original Maxim silencer from 1909. A simple but functional bit of kit.

Made and sold in a variety of models for air rifles, especially in the 1990s. In both steel and aluminium.

them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Thanks for the responses.

I’ll have a bash at replacing the baffles then. I’ll have to McGyver an alignment tool.

I was considering finding hair curlers to fit and then filling with padding, but I’ll use the baffles first and see how it goes.

Cheers

Steve

Parker Hale silencer?

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post

I’ll have a bash at replacing the baffles then. I’ll have to McGyver an alignment tool.

I was considering finding hair curlers to fit and then filling with padding, but I’ll use the baffles first and see how it goes.

Cheers

Steve
    I wouldn't bother, mine was much better with the right size hair curler baffles & a couple of washers inbetween. acuracy improved too. mine was on a .22 titan mpt.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiets View Post

Cheers

Steve
    I used a pencil to stack the baffles on then slide it in together if you go to buy any new baffles make sure they are the right size I have two parker hale mods both steel one black shinny gloss finish and the other blued steel one is bigger than the other

162283506167 on a well known a fleabay site

Hi yorkiets hope this works