Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rex

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex

Rex

Just like to say that Rex has been on the HFT scene for quite a few years and it is so cool to see him and his boinge smashing into the open class.

Maybe these super tuned springers need to be in the open class. These people who spend hours tuning and shooting surely have a distinct advantage over people who just turn up and shoot a boinger?

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Just like to say that Rex has been on the HFT scene for quite a few years and it is so cool to see him and his boinge smashing into the open class.

Maybe these super tuned springers need to be in the open class. These people who spend hours tuning and shooting surely have a distinct advantage over people who just turn up and shoot a boinger?

Monkey
    Cheers I think Andy, Yes Ive been shooting air rifles for 4 years and went into HFT pretty much straight away as I was encouraged by Mike Issacs to stop wasting my time shooting mint imperials and coke cans on a plinking course. baring in mind I have put approximately 70 tins of pellets a year through my boinger trying to learn it, perfect how to hold it, how to lube it to get it to not change for as long as possible til the weather changes and it all goes tits up. Others have attached 800 grammes of weight on the end and spent 400-700 quid on stocks and dont forget in boinger class its like Highlander mate, there can be but ONE. first place and a series of losers.

Obviously Jean Dominatrix confiscated my gun from me today so that I dont change anything tonight before the Southern Hunters in the morning. but come on, How many times have you seen me shoot a target and say wtf is it doing over there and have to compensate all the way round. when it works it really feels good but it wont last long before something changes like how much Ive eaten before the comp, how tight my back or leg is making me hold it and then bang its all out the window.

So if the guy with his 22 paratrooper wants to pop along with a rusty gun to have some fun then of course we will do our utmost to help him and motivate him but the problem with trying to be the top is that its a longer way to fall. we cant see the pellet fly and can only see where it lands if we are looking in the correct location on the kill or do a Mike Isaacs and draw a picture of pellet splats in the mud to compare it after the shot.

If we then have to compete in the open with guys that just turn an allen screw to get the power exactly where you want it rather than take it apart and change the thickness of a washer or add one, take one out etc. no different to someone wanting to shoot an SMK in the same class as the Aldi gun brigade aka steyer. you cant expect us with shooting integrity have to give up and shoot in gay class cos he or she hasn't obsessed day and night about different oils, driven 75 mile round trips to go and shoot at a bit of metal or paper to try and find the magic formula, and had to start again and then get it wrong for 12 months then when it does come together have to give up my personal challenge to get good with a boinger. anyway well baited mate, I undestand what you mean and often feel a fraud for shooting in recoiling class with other less experienced boinger shooters but despite all your efforts until I can do it consistently I am not going to be gay like you guys.
    Last edited by Rex&Amy; 16-12-2018 at 12:14 AM.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Just remembered a conversation with Chris from Bicester guns who is generously supporting lots of comps across the HFT scene. He was saying that he is intending to put a recognition of different levels together by having a class which limits how much can be spent tuning a boinger to 100 quid and under. If these less tuned peeps want to compete for metalware they can ping away as it would prevent the super tuned boingers being in their class anyway. failing that get a sense of humour and just enjoy knocking tin chickens over whilst having a reverb going on in your head.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

There is a similar argument for pcps surely. Nowadays some people have several hundred quid's worth of glass on top of a 2 grand rifle (and an identical back up) while half the field turn up with a standard s400 and a basic scope.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    There is a similar argument for pcps surely. Nowadays some people have several hundred quid's worth of glass on top of a 2 grand rifle (and an identical back up) while half the field turn up with a standard s400 and a basic scope.
    Or are too drunk still from the night before to be bothered to turn up at all eh Beardie. Missed you today. Pat looked lost.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Or are too drunk still from the night before to be bothered to turn up at all eh Beardie. Missed you today. Pat looked lost.

Monkey.
    Wish it were so, sadly I was required for other duties
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Monkey

Brave of you to raise this but you have a very good point. But at which point do you say its now Semi Recoilless. The TX200SR has to shoot in the open class. Some of these new 22mm short stroke kits I have shot have less recoil than these, but how would you measure it. I would like to see a closer match for the recoiling but it would be a minefield to control. Perhaps saying you have to keep the original length of the latch rod?

But a good point raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Burly View Post
    Brave of you to raise this but you have a very good point. But at which point do you say its now Semi Recoilless. The TX200SR has to shoot in the open class. Some of these new 22mm short stroke kits I have shot have less recoil than these, but how would you measure it. I would like to see a closer match for the recoiling but it would be a minefield to control. Perhaps saying you have to keep the original length of the latch rod?

But a good point raised.
    I know you'd love to get in there and measure someone's latch rod, you naughty boy

The reality is buddy that it's a standard mk3 tx latch rod in there. There is recoil but as its less volume required to make the power required with 22mm its so much more manageable. I've put a lot of work in to. Optomise it, others are welcome to do the same as I used to shoot a 97 against so many seriously tuned 97 I thought I had to spend 400 on a custom laminate stock adding weight to match everyone else's. So fairs fair. But I'm not trying to rob a novice boingerer I'm trying to compete with those at the top of the class.

Super tune

Reading the post it looks like the bloke is actualy putting loads of practice in to shoot his gun and learn it although the tuned gun will help him its his hard work thats got him where he is today there is a few 22mm tunes on the ft circuit shooting but the world champ europion champ and gp series champ is using near standard cheap tune tx200

Anyone who thinks one of the 22mm tunes is near recoilless needs to shoot one back to back with a truly recoilless springer like a diana 75 for example. They are worlds apart.

They still move and recoil so trying to split tuned and non tuned into separate classes is pointless . All you would be doing is penalising the people that practice hard for having a tuned rifle.

Rex shoots a lot, practices a lot, enters a hell of a lot of competitions and I'm sure learns from every dink. That's why he's shoots well. Obviously finding a rifle that suits him will help but it doesnt guarantee success.

Also the sub £100 tune I'm not convinced about either. UKAHFT website isn't working on my phone, but I'm sure the single highest recoiling score of this year's series was shot with a £12 'tune'.

I say let people shoot whatever tune they want and try not to bitch about it when they do well. At the end of the day the winner will be the person who is the best prepared and judges the wind and range best on the day. End of

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Well done Rex mate , all the hard work seems to be working at last
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by BEESA View Post
    Well done Rex mate , all the hard work seems to be working at last
    Don
    cheers Don, it doesn't matter how much practice, or how tuned my boinger is when I overslept this morning and got there a minute before the safety briefing so didnt find out that I wasn't zeroed properly until I did a little trial and error so only managed 48. However I had finished stripping and servicing the gun before the gay gunners had a cracking shoot off. Alls good now ready for the Oaks.

Valid point Simmo which as some have eluded to goes further including pcps and the amount of money spent on guns which I'm sure is a long way from where HFT started.

How about a new class, AA S400 full length, Nikko 3-9 x 40, any pellets, thats it. Everyone shoots the same cheap combo, makes it cheap for new comers to get into the sport, no one has a gun advantage (perceived or real)?
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Valid point Simmo which as some have eluded to goes further including pcps and the amount of money spent on guns which I'm sure is a long way from where HFT started.

How about a new class, AA S400 full length, Nikko 3-9 x 40, any pellets, thats it. Everyone shoots the same cheap combo, makes it cheap for new comers to get into the sport, no one has a gun advantage (perceived or real)?
    They would be small comps if that's the set up required but I see what your saying.
    My lads S400 & MTC can do just as well as my FTP or ISP it's just the traps, small kills, close targets, wind etc that let it down