Thread: Rex

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The reality is buddy that it's a standard mk3 tx latch rod in there. There is recoil but as its less volume required to make the power required with 22mm its so much more manageable. I've put a lot of work in to. Optomise it, others are welcome to do the same as I used to shoot a 97 against so many seriously tuned 97 I thought I had to spend 400 on a custom laminate stock adding weight to match everyone else's. So fairs fair. But I'm not trying to rob a novice boingerer I'm trying to compete with those at the top of the class.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Super tune

Reading the post it looks like the bloke is actualy putting loads of practice in to shoot his gun and learn it although the tuned gun will help him its his hard work thats got him where he is today there is a few 22mm tunes on the ft circuit shooting but the world champ europion champ and gp series champ is using near standard cheap tune tx200

Anyone who thinks one of the 22mm tunes is near recoilless needs to shoot one back to back with a truly recoilless springer like a diana 75 for example. They are worlds apart.

They still move and recoil so trying to split tuned and non tuned into separate classes is pointless . All you would be doing is penalising the people that practice hard for having a tuned rifle.

Rex shoots a lot, practices a lot, enters a hell of a lot of competitions and I'm sure learns from every dink. That's why he's shoots well. Obviously finding a rifle that suits him will help but it doesnt guarantee success.

Also the sub £100 tune I'm not convinced about either. UKAHFT website isn't working on my phone, but I'm sure the single highest recoiling score of this year's series was shot with a £12 'tune'.

I say let people shoot whatever tune they want and try not to bitch about it when they do well. At the end of the day the winner will be the person who is the best prepared and judges the wind and range best on the day. End of

BEESA is offline A Man walks in to a bar.....
    Well done Rex mate , all the hard work seems to be working at last
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by BEESA View Post
    Well done Rex mate , all the hard work seems to be working at last
    Don
    cheers Don, it doesn't matter how much practice, or how tuned my boinger is when I overslept this morning and got there a minute before the safety briefing so didnt find out that I wasn't zeroed properly until I did a little trial and error so only managed 48. However I had finished stripping and servicing the gun before the gay gunners had a cracking shoot off. Alls good now ready for the Oaks.
    Does anyone know how to contact doughnuts Anonymous cos I just cant seem to give them up and may be a 0 addict

Valid point Simmo which as some have eluded to goes further including pcps and the amount of money spent on guns which I'm sure is a long way from where HFT started.

How about a new class, AA S400 full length, Nikko 3-9 x 40, any pellets, thats it. Everyone shoots the same cheap combo, makes it cheap for new comers to get into the sport, no one has a gun advantage (perceived or real)?
    Air arms HFT500, Prosport,
    WH100SK Daystate Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by M500dpp View Post
    Valid point Simmo which as some have eluded to goes further including pcps and the amount of money spent on guns which I'm sure is a long way from where HFT started.

How about a new class, AA S400 full length, Nikko 3-9 x 40, any pellets, thats it. Everyone shoots the same cheap combo, makes it cheap for new comers to get into the sport, no one has a gun advantage (perceived or real)?
    They would be small comps if that's the set up required but I see what your saying.
    My lads S400 & MTC can do just as well as my FTP or ISP it's just the traps, small kills, close targets, wind etc that let it down